Average pricing for accommodation

Hi All

I'm looking for a house/villa in Nha Trang, preferably 4+ rooms with A/C, pool and fully furnished and a secure garage if possible .

I've found a few places online which indicate around the USD$1000/month and above.

Could anyone tell me what the 'average' pricing may be for the above, or possibly recommend any agents to use whilst there?   

I have lived in Saigon previously and found there are some shady 'real estate agents' for a lack of better term :) Who often promote accommodation they do not actually have or manage, only to lure you in and try rent you something completely sub-standard and out of your original requirements.

I'm not sure if i can ask on this forum - so let me know if not - but i would also like some advice on finding a western or international junior/primary school for my 7years old son in Nha Trang too?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi rhody,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I created a new thread with your post on the Nha Trang forum in order to give much more importance to your questions here. :)

The articles found in Accommodation in Vietnam will help you to find some interesting information.

P.S For your questions about schools, i think that it would be better to create a new topic as it will help you to receive more specific answers. ;)

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Great - Thank you Priscilla

Do ur research , find out the occupancy rate if other villas in the area, Also any apartment complexes, u maybe able to use this info to lower the monthly rate, it worked fir me, I had my $900 2bed 2 bath apartment reduced to $750 because I informed the management team about the availability rates of other areas complexes..   Welcome to paradise Good luck

Thank you MrshyONE. I'll do that.

Did you use an agent, or did you approach Villas directly?
I've been in contact with an agent who lists a range of properties on their site, however they don't have an address and are an 'online agent' only which raised my concern based on experiences in Saigon to date.

[Moderated: pls post in the Business Directory for any recommendation]

rhody wrote:

Thank you MrshyONE. I'll do that.

Did you use an agent, or did you approach Villas directly?
I've been in contact with an agent who lists a range of properties on their site, however they don't have an address and are an 'online agent' only which raised my concern based on experiences in Saigon to date.

I did my homework myself. I only hired an agent to do the paper work and make sure all is well. I paid them a flat fee, but the final price was between the owner/ management / myself.