New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all

My name is manish. Working for shangri la hotel in chiangmai Thailand in finance department.

Its a great hotel and value for money
We have beautiful and delecious dinner buffet in our all day dining restaurant.

I am also helping nonfinance peoples bu training them on finance and accounting terms

Regards

Greetings everyone , it's a pleasure to be joining you all .

Ok here its comes , I know what you lot are thinking " we got fresh meat here ... , wants to come and live in paradise " .

Well if I can say part of that is true . But believe you me it's not the fresh bit .

I have been married now for 8yrs + with a beautiful 2yr daughter . For the last year we have been thinking of moving back . ( My wife is Thai ) I have lived in Pattaya before , we did have a sit down chippy in drinking street north pattaya . But I do not want a risk like that this time I am looking for a job in Telesales or face 2 face sales . Just to point out another in insurance too .

So please , please let me know if there are real jobs for expats either in Bangkok or even surrounding areas of pattaya , like Rayong or Sattahip .

Well thank you for welcoming me to your blog , I hope you could all update me or if you can point me in the right direction . regards ,

sacaridoo

:) Hi all,
I am french, 39, working in a Real Estate. I'd like to live in Thailand and to find a job. (Real Estate, Diving, Teaching...)

Can you advise me ?

Thank you

Fabrice

Hi..

Can I have more details of the voice-over project. Thank you.

Best regards

Eugene Sim
Line : eugene5320
Whatsapp : 90305320

Hi Preaw ..i will be in BKK for just 3 days can we meet for coffee if ur ok

Greets to all !!!
My name is daniel , currently living in Australia sydney , but am looking for work in phuket.

In Australia I'm a automotive parts sales manager for a Toyota dealership .

I would love for some feedback on how some of you obtained your jobs and some pointers :o)

Don't hesitate to message me !

Hi Julie,

You should start doing motivational training program. Let me know if you are interested.

Regards,
Mike

big government crackdown now and so get a work permit

Hi Nina

I would love to know more about the voice over project that you mentioned. I am contactable at [email protected] or Line me @ eugene5320. Thank you.

Regards

Eugene Sim

Hi Julien and all Expats.

I'm a South African male from Cape Town and just joined your blog. I'm here to build future friendships with fellow South African and other Expats already living in Thailand.
I will be getting married to my Thai girlfriend early next year and then move to Thailand ( Bkk or Hau Hin ) where we will be staying for 6 months out of the year and obviously the other 6 months in Cape Town to take care of business.

Many Thanks for the great Blog.

Kind Regards
Etienne

Hi, I would like to come and live in Thailand for 2-4months from November to April. I would like to know if it is safe to go there at this moment regarding all thinig thing we heard with the politics and all the tensions that are happening for the past few months in this country.

Thanks

Stephane

I would say although the Embassies have travel warnings on Thailand it is relatively safe.

You must look at things in perspective, the whole World is in a state of change.

Even Australia is on high alert.

So dont let the newspapers dissuade you

:D s_bourgeois13
No more corrupted moment as you expected, that time you wanna visit THA is good period, even North or e-San area.
You would be excite when April coming with Song Kran Fes... :)

Hi my name is Anton and me and my wife Jacky are planning to move to Thailand.We have been on vacation there and also have a few Thai friends.

so does that mean you will be retiring here in Thailand?

Hi all, my name is Sureerat Wiriyachaikit or just call me "Ohh", I'm native Chiangmai, so welcome all expats who are moving to live or long stay or short stay in Chiangmai! If you'd like to know anything or information about Chiangmai and if I know I won't hesitate to answer you. Have a good week and have fun!

No not yet have a few years work still ahead of me.LOL!

Merci.. Thank you

Hi Sureewat
We shall stay in Chiang Mai from 15 December 2014 to 14 January 2015 inclusive.
My husband and I are looking for a studio  in a condo or house with fitness room and swimming pool (both a must), not too far from the city center (or at least with local transportation nearby (no taxis)).
Although there are lots of choices and quite a few places that we selected, most agencies and/or owners turned our request down for one month stay as it covers the Chistmas/New Year period.
Most people wish to put the price up during this time.  Impossible to get from them how much more and precise dates (i.e. 24/12/2014 to 1/1/2015).
Grateful if you could direct us to find a studio not more than 12,000 Bahts.
For example, one of the studio that we liked was "The Opium" studio which were lovely at 308 euro/month.
Thanks for your help and best regards
AC

Hi Ohh--I am Gary, age 66, investigating retirement in Chiang Mai.
I would love to have contact with you for all questions i have.
Can we communicate through emails>

[email protected]

thank you for offering your contact for helpful questions..
Look forward to hearing from you

Gary

hi, How much it cost to study for Thai language in your university?

Sureewat,

I too would very much to like speak with you as to my move in Dec.- Jan, this year.
I have so many questions still as to relocating and retiring to beautiful Chiang Mai.
I f we could also chat with each other by pvt. email, that would be great.
Look forward to hearing from you.

[email protected]

Gino

hi may I know more details what is voice-over project

Hi Anick,

I'd suggest you to Hillside 3 Condo locate on NimmanHeymin Road which have every services and full of lifestyle activities and very convenient to get local taxi (called songtaew or roddaeng)
for swimming pool,I'm sure it's not hard to find from other hotel services nearby which is about 100 baht fee.

you can find contact from this below link
chiangmaiestateagents.com/property/condos-for-rent/mueang-city/studio-apartment-for-rent-in-hillside-3-condominium-185.html

I'm not agent so please feel free to contact them by yourself at English: 082-256-8327

Best regards,
Sureerat

Mharshan wrote:

hi may I know more details what is voice-over project

Voice over covers a wide range of ideas.
Mostly it's narrating a film, or producing recordings for things like ESL tapes to be used in schools.
Such tapes commonly ask for native English speakers, but many use a wide variety of accents, but all using English.
The latter makes more sense for more advanced learners as the student will gain the ability to understand spoken English from all over the world, not just the UK and USA.

For new moving families to Chiangmai, if you are looking for a comfortable house with fully furnished and decorated. My sister has a brand new house this year for rent for parents who have kids three bedrooms and one big meeting room that can be used as office space or another bedroom whatever. The house also has plenty space for living room. If you're interested to look at picture you can contact me at [email protected], thanks lot. :D

Bonjour,

Je suis Français, vivant à Nice, déjà d'un certain âge (64), et je connais la Thaïlande pour l'avoir visitée mais c'était déjà il y a quelques années, et j'y retourne pour les mois de Décembre et Janvier, afin d'envisager une expatriation proche. Je serai donc très heureux d'apprendre ici des infos sur la Thaïlande aujourd'hui, et la meilleure façon et les meilleurs endroits pour m'y installer. Après m'être déjà pas mal renseigné, j'envisage un séjour à Ko Phangan, et serais heureux de connaître les avis des expats qui y sont installés. Merci d'avance.

if u want to retire in Thailand then you will need a retirement visa

Hi Guys. I stay in BKK and I decided to join EB now. I like Adventures, Sports, Martial arts, Traveling, and Dogs.

Freelance_Andovar wrote:

Hello  All,

I'm Nina from Andovar - Bangkok, Thailand. Our company is always looking for Expats who are currently living in Bangkok, Thailand to do voice-over projects.

Nice to meet u all!

Hi Nina ,

I looking a job at bkk ... but may i know what is that voice-over project ? i from malaysia KL

nice to meet you

Hi there! I am a full-time investor living in Bangkok. I speak English and Thai fluently and am currently studying Korean in the Silom area.

Nice to meet everyone and hope to share my experiences of living in Thailand!

Hi...

Would you Line me @ eugene5320.  Thank you.

G'day All
My Name is Rick, I have been a frequent traveller to phuket over the past few years and have fallen in love with the place, My ambitions are to retire the in the future, So i would love some information regarding retirement visas, the do's and dont's of buying condos.

Cheers

Hello i am Lowy a Dutchman 773 years.
I live in Thailand Udonthani for 7 years now.
I make shuffleboards  my self and  i like to sell them  in Thailand.I also  import dutch herring.
I like Thailand it is for me a nice and free country.
I do have a own weblog too.
regards Lowy Udonthani

Hello i am Lowy a Dutchman 73 years.
I live in Thailand Udonthani for 7 years now.
I make shuffleboards  my self and  i like to sell them  in Thailand.I also  import dutch herring.
I like Thailand it is for me a nice and free country.
I do have a own weblog too.
regards Lowy Udonthani

u should have seen it 30 years ago

if you want to retire there then get a retirement visa as its commonly called
investing - i suggest you rent with the option to buy
you can buy as a foreigner or in a company set up
if you have 10 million baht you can get an investment visa that will allow you to stay for 12 months at a time

Hi dear community

After living and working in Thailand for a couple of years I'm now eager to learn to know another country, preferably Myanmar or Malaysia.

Saw some interesting postings already. Hope everybody is having a great time abroad!

Hey guys, good to know you. I'm in Montreal at the moment but home is Victoria, British Columbia. I'll be graduating with a degree in international development in a few months (knock on wood) and ideally plan on relocating to Thailand come January or March with some friends to work on getting a project of ours off the ground. I've spent a decent amount of time in Thailand and Laos so I think I have a pretty good idea of what to expect.

I've heard that Chiang Mai is an ideal location for bloggers, digital nomads, etc.; I've also heard that the Thai government has been cracking down on people abusing the visa-run system. If we wanted to stay in in Chiang Mai for 6 months or so, but still be able to travel to Thailand's neighbouring countries intermittently while we're there, what would be the best way to go about the visa process? How are bloggers, digital nomads, etc. being affected by the new visa rules?

Thanks guys,

Sombrio

the new rules arent confirmed yet
it is at the discretion of the Immigration
but you should be able to get 6 months in your home country but not on arrival in Thailand
the digital nomad thing is talk and not confirmed yet

Hello there, Thailand forum.

My name is Penn from Bangkok, Thailand. I'm 23 years old.
I'm currently not an expat but I plan on being one, hopefully in the near future.

I'm fluent in Thai and English and I would love to learn a third language. Spanish, to be precise.
I've taken few basic courses back in my studying years but I don't get to use it much.
To be honest, I think I have nothing left. Nada, nada.

If there's any Spanish-speaking Thailand expat out there who's looking for a friend, please let me know.
If you know someone who's offering affordable Spanish courses, please let me know as well.
Usually, learning Spanish (well, any foreign language) with a native speaker here in Thailand is quite expensive.
At one point, I was paying over 800 baht an hour. It was understandable but a little bit too expensive for a student like me.

I'm an outgoing person. I'm very friendly and fun to hang out with. I was thinking that I can offer myself as a Bangkok tour guide, a Thai teacher or even an English teacher as an exchange for Spanish lessons.

If you have any more question, please don't hesitate to contact me. And if I can be any helpful in other topics regarding Thailand (Bangkok, in particular), I'd be more than happy to help you all.

I'll be looking forward to making new friends here.
Cheers, everyone.

Penn

Closed