Can a company ban someone in KSA for not joining the company

I got a job offered by a company in Riyadh, KSA which I accepted by signing a job offer letter not a contract. So they processed my Visa through an agent in Pakistan and now i have a 90 days validity work visa and also processed my protectorate stamp on the passport. I was to give them a confirm date to fly to saudi and start the period of my service but due to some unfortunate family emergency I am unable to fly at moment. So I informed the company about the situation but the company is not complying, rather threatening me that if I not join them they will cancel the visa and file a case against me to put a ban on my name to work in KSA and other GCC Countries which I don't want to happen. Please advise me what to do as Currently my family commitment precludes me to fly to Riyadh and start my service.

This is a unique situation I never heard of in past. I think the company can file a case against you in labor court and if they are able to prove it, court can put a ban on you for up to 3 years. This ban can be applied at KSA or GCC level depending on how they proceed with the case.

My advise for you is to provide them more evidence of the family issues and try to negotiate with their HR or get more time before you can join them if you are interested. They can ask the embassy in Pakistan to extend the validity of your entry visa I think.

I doubt they will do anything like that , and I don't think you should join that company if they threat you like that when you have a real life family problem, my humble opinion....