New members of the England forum, introduce yourself here

To be honest, I immediately realized that won't be the case. Because then imagine how big a problem that would be for immigration into England. Anyone would be able to move here immediately. All a British citizen would have to do, is go abroad, marry, then come back, and then their partner would be able to move instantly without a visa. Obviously that doesn't make any sense, so that's why it's only for those with resident cards in a European member state.

XB23 wrote:

I guess you can look into European countries that have a less stricter immigration system, move there, obtain a resident card, then use it to move to England without a visa? I don't know, but countries like Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary and so on?

I was thinking of Germany or Sweden as my fiance is quarter swedish or any country I can work as Arabic teacher as it's my job and I have BA in it
I know it's not the Easy but I think it worth to try to find a job match my studies

XB23 wrote:

To be honest, I immediately realized that won't be the case. Because then imagine how big a problem that would be for immigration into England. Anyone would be able to move here immediately. All a British citizen would have to do, is go abroad, marry, then come back, and then their partner would be able to move instantly without a visa. Obviously that doesn't make any sense, so that's why it's only for those with resident cards in a European member state.

I understand that it's a good thing for the gov  in another way I think it is still easy as the Uk citizen can get a suppose to Eu country Easily under the rules of free treety movement then to UK
still a long root but possible

I haven't carried out a research into European member states, but I think the "poorer" the country, the "easier" it is to get in. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know. I just think countries such as Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, and so on, would be "easier" to immigrate to, since there is far less competition from others wanting to move there, in comparison to richer nations such as UK, Germany, and Sweden. I also guess their immigration rules is probably less stricter. It doesn't matter which country you move to, once you obtain the resident card, you would now be able to move to England without a visa. So Egypt -> whatever EU member state -> England (Resident Card). That's a route. Another route is your partner meeting all the requirements for a spouse visa, and applying for your visa. So that would be Egypt -> England (Spouse Visa). But I think you mentioned she is a student, so I doubt she meets the financial requirement (earning £18,600 +), part of the list of requirements that must be met before the visa is issued. Another route, which is probably even more difficult, is obtaining a work visa. So Egypt -> England (Work Visa). Or Egypt -> Any EU member state (Work Visa).

I agree it's possible. But needs patience, determination and effort.

Good luck.

Hi there. I am Newbie here. Am Ana. I would be really interested to have the chance to participate in these online discussions about living abroad.

Hi there :]

I'm originally from England, but left at an early age. Now I want to get back to the homeland for a bit! I'll be heading over from Seattle, WA, USA. I'm nervous navigating this as a dual citizen due to taxes and health care mandates, but also super excited!

I want to move to Manchester in 2015. I fell in LOVE with the north this last summer and just have to get back there, even if just for a year. I'm going to be looking for jobs in the field of Sexology, sexuality, sexual health education, women's health, and public health. I did recently get my 4-year degree in healthcare communications, but I'm no doctor, haha.

Excited to join the forum :D

hi

you re welcome

hi, i am monica from UK, London, a dental assistant.

Hi,
It's mazi from Bangladesh. I used to work & live in uk for nearly four years. When my visa finished I was came from London to my backhome. I was there for my study perpous. I intend to settle down in uk by next year.
If I got a job offer from bar company or they provide me amployment (sponsor) in there company I will love to go & start work again. I used to work with the dark & Morgan. About Salary ireally dont care about.my bar was the top ten bars in uk for 2010.
Also I really love the atmosphere in London work & live.
I am glad to a part of this community. I hope I will make a friends here. I still so confident and positive fell free to contact me. Here is my address below:
Mobile- 008801755962891
Email- [email protected]
I speake English, Hindi , bangali, Italiano, French etc. all you can please suggest me or helping me out from this situation, anyone to welcome..!!!!

hi...
i am mohamed from UAE .Dubai ,27 years old .
i am working in guest service yet am  a football player .
it's the job i enjoy as much as head out and travelling tog
get exposed to new cultures ,new persons and new life style.

i believe that our thought are the rundom of our life and i am taking mich care of this proccess .
so , i'd like to be welcome to this blog as well as getting news about others life as a spycologue i could have some facilities to help profile that feel themselves in mental troubles....

Hello everybody,
I'm Hélène, I'm 22, French student in engineering. In February, I'll be moving to bristol for a 6 month internship. I heard it's a really nice city and I'm looking forward to living there. I'm looking for an apartment to share with students or young professionals, in case you have any contacts, please let me know :) 
Cheers!

Hello
i am student in Liverpool uni
nice to meet new ppl from different country in different cites in UK

Nice to be here  :)

hi all,

im very new to this so bear with me, i have been to tunisia 3 times in 3 months and im now looking to move there permanently Can anyone give me advice on anything i need to know from visas,buying or renting, work etc?.

vanessa1968 wrote:

hi all,

im very new to this so bear with me, i have been to tunisia 3 times in 3 months and im now looking to move there permanently Can anyone give me advice on anything i need to know from visas,buying or renting, work etc?.

Hi,

I had a friend who went to Tunisia, got married there, brought a property, and end up losing everything, and getting divorced. I do not know your reason for moving there, but if it's for the purpose of marriage, then I would urge you to be extremely careful.

god no, not marriage just fell in love with the country and people

I would probably keep it as a holiday destination, rather than move there permanently, due to the high unemployment, and prospects of finding a decent paying job. You could ask on the Tunisian forum about jobs, accommodation and so on, but be careful from people sending you fraudulent offers:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=133

Hello , I'm a Polish citizen women i will come soon to UK due a work-contract with a British company,so i would like to know  the procedure of applying for a British Residence Card.Moreover i would like to ask too about the procedure how my man can live with me or work in UK,he is non from EEA but he has a polish residence card,did he need a tourist visa and what kind of documents we will need for me  and his legal accommodation in UK.
Best Regards and i wish the best for all of you :)

Daga20 wrote:

Hello , I'm a Polish citizen women i will come soon to UK due a work-contract with a British company,so i would like to know  the procedure of applying for a British Residence Card.Moreover i would like to ask too about the procedure how my man can live with me or work in UK,he is non from EEA but he has a polish residence card,did he need a tourist visa and what kind of documents we will need for me  and his legal accommodation in UK.
Best Regards and i wish the best for all of you :)

Hello dags20,
Surely the company employing you is completing the necessary paperwork?? Where in the UK did you say you were going to be based?

chuckle butty

Hello chuckle butty,
thank you very much for answer.
I have to admit that I still don't have all informations from my „future” company. For now I had only gather all details about my work and I am still in contact with that company. But in meantime i try to gather more information. The first important information I received from your message, is that all the procedures related to my legal residence will take care the company? And how I think, before receiving the resident card I will not have right to start work legally in UK, yes? I have a lot of questions because that offer of work little surprised me. Also i try to find information how long i will have to wait for residence card.

Thank you one more time for your answear and help.

Best wishes for new year,

Daga20

You need to FIRST ensure the offer is GENUINE. There is LOTS & LOTS of scams out there. Fake job offers. So you need to verify that the company is real, and that the offer being made is real. Meanwhile, do NOT pay for anything, send any money, or give them sensitive private information.

Also as a Polish citizen, you require to apply for a resident card to work in the UK? I thought as an EU citizen, you are free to travel & work here without needing to apply for anything.

Hey XB23,

thank you for your advices. I found a work with the british company without any intermediaries. Yes you have right before i decide to go to England i have to check everything. No no i will not pay enything, i know there is lot of fake job offers, so i need be sure before I will do next step in my life :) As I know, even if i am polish i can be in England 3  moths, after that i need also residence card :)

I apologize for my boldness, but as I see you want visit Morocco. I can recommend that maybe for holiday (i was there  twice time), the situations in country it a bit difficult.

Daga20 wrote:

Hey XB23,

thank you for your advices. I found a work with the british company without any intermediaries. Yes you have right before i decide to go to England i have to check everything. No no i will not pay enything, i know there is lot of fake job offers, so i need be sure before I will do next step in my life :) As I know, even if i am polish i can be in England 3  moths, after that i need also residence card :)

I apologize for my boldness, but as I see you want visit Morocco. I can recommend that maybe for holiday (i was there  twice time), the situations in country it a bit difficult.

Well I wasn't aware Poles required a Resident Card to remain for more than 3 months. Regardless, I guess it's a straight-forward & easy process to obtain it, given the huge number of Poles living here. I'm glad you're aware of the scams, so hopefully the offer is real.

As for Morocco, thanks for your advice. I've went there lots of times, and I agree it's difficult, but that's without a job. With a job it's not hard living there, as cost of living there is less than cost of living in the UK, which is rising higher and higher. London is really expensive!

hello to all my name is maina am in france am attracted to england so much that i dont know how to get there i have no contact there am an electrician and would very much like to get a chance to start  my life in that beautiful country with such honesty people such as you so if any one who would like to give this brother hood a chance i would be more than happy thanks in a advance

hi how about somme one who is in france would u care to get to know him

Dear XB23,

you have right, life in Morocco is much cheaper then in European country. But also it depends of the city, f.e if you want rent an apartment in Casablanca the price is can be also expensive. To get work probably it will be easier if you know french language. For residence card i have to check again, yeah maybe i don't have to apply for that :)

Daga20 wrote:

Dear XB23,

you have right, life in Morocco is much cheaper then in European country. But also it depends of the city, f.e if you want rent an apartment in Casablanca the price is can be also expensive. To get work probably it will be easier if you know french language. For residence card i have to check again, yeah maybe i don't have to apply for that :)

I certainly wouldn't move to Casa. I understand it's not a cheap city to live in, because of the high rents. I speak Arabic, so language isn't a problem for me. It appears you did not enjoy your stay there.. Did you not like it?

And yes, do check whether you require a Resident Card, as to be honest, that's the first time I've heard of that.

I certainly wouldn't move to Casa. I understand it's not a cheap city to live in, because of the high rents. I speak Arabic, so language isn't a problem for me. It appears you did not enjoy your stay there.. Did you not like it?

And yes, do check whether you require a Resident Card, as to be honest, that's the first time I've heard of that.

I really like Morocco. And  even i thought about life there, for me it will be difficult, because i don't speak in Arabic or French - so i will have huge problems to find a good job. But i like culture, i love morocco dishes i was twice time and i would like to go again, i visited few cities. You know for some people it can be difficult to get acclimatized there. It like a different world.

Nice too meet u all here
If any questions plz pm me

Hello
How are u finding Manchester so far?

Hi everyone,
I am Alexa from the Philippines,
I was suppose to move in England this february but my fiancé left me hanging here in Philippines.
So I was just wondering if anyone can help me find a job in England. Screw my ex! But
I really want to move/work there.
Thanks in advance

Daga20 wrote:

I really like Morocco. And  even i thought about life there, for me it will be difficult, because i don't speak in Arabic or French - so i will have huge problems to find a good job. But i like culture, i love morocco dishes i was twice time and i would like to go again, i visited few cities. You know for some people it can be difficult to get acclimatized there. It like a different world.

For me, it would be easy to settle, and get accustomed there, as I speak the language, and share the same religion. I understand it's more difficult for someone who doesn't, as there will be things they don't understand or accept. But anyway, have you found an answer regarding the Resident Card? I'm quite sure it's not required for Polish Citizens. I thought they were able to travel freely without restrictions nor requirements to submit an application for residency.

hi.
   my name is leonard paul tunstill but everyone calls me paul ( fathers name is leonard ).
i live in rotherham - yorksire - england. i am 60 years of age and work 12 hour nights as a
carer at astrum house ( star foundation - nhs funded ). i have level 2 diploma in health and
social care and studying to pass level 3.
                                                               i was married for 33 years - my wife died in 2010 -
1 week before her 60th birthday. she was a wonderful, caring lady and i miss her every day.
       i have since become a partner  in a taxi business in bata - equatorial guinea.

hi alexa.
             i live in england. what sort of work are you looking for.
have you any qualifications and would you need a work permit.
happy to help if possible.
                                      please accept apology in advance if reply is in
2 or 3 days as i work 12 hour nights in 2 week shift pattern so time online
is limited.
               best regards.
                                    paul.
my email is [email protected]

hello paul how r u doing man my name is daniel maina i would like to know you a little bit if its ok with u

Hi im from but I live here in England so glad to see some arab people on this website 😃

Hi,
My name is Peter and I am a marketer for sportcentral.com. Now I live in London.

For me, it would be easy to settle, and get accustomed there, as I speak the language, and share the same religion. I understand it's more difficult for someone who doesn't, as there will be things they don't understand or accept. But anyway, have you found an answer regarding the Resident Card? I'm quite sure it's not required for Polish Citizens. I thought they were able to travel freely without restrictions nor requirements to submit an application for residency.

Hello XB23,

how are you?? I hope you feel good. Aaaa so it change all situations, if you are Muslim (as i think so ;) ) and you can speak arabic :) My friend from Morocco said once time "in Morocco it good if you have your own business, like shop or something like that, but of course first is to have good idea for that buisness and money for start ;)" . I would like to ask: did you meet that  Home Office, Worker Registration Scheme. Yeah i check that case about residence card, and you have right i don't have to apply for that. If i want to live in England and work i need only register in this Office of Work.

Have a good day :)

Daga20

I'm new to this site, but I've been living in the UK (Manchester) for nearly 5 years now. For various reasons, I've not made any good friends in the UK, but I'm looking to change that now! Would love to get to know some of you.

Closed