New members of the England forum, introduce yourself here

Thank you very much for accepting me as a member of  England Forum.My name is  David Martin John From Dar es salaam Tanzania.I was born 29 years ago,am not married.
Technically speaking i studied at Arusha Technical College and be awarded Full Technician Certificate in Electrical Engineering(FTC-Diploma Equivalent)I have worked for six years in manufacturing ,Now am employed with Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority as Electrical Technician.Also i was one of electrical experts involved in  supply,testing and commissioning electrical machines and equipments at Aluminum Africa ltd.
  Through the internet i have realized in UK Electrical personnel are highly needed.So i need your forum to advise me on HOW CAN I GET A JOB IN ENGLAND WORK PERMIT AS WELL
Thanks in advance.
D.John

If you can do a job that a local can't - you can get a work permit.
If your skill set is nothing special, you can't.

hello you beautiful people out there,my name is Rashid.i am currently living in north London uk,i really like it over here,sadly it is winter and is quite cold and get dark very early,but apart from that everything is cool......just 5 mins from my place there is a nice Mauritian restaurant where one can get the usual dhal poori and gato pima.every thing seems to be allright.catch you later....bye bye.

Hi, I'm Jho and quite new to this network! Will be visiting England in a couple of days for quite a while, my occupation is a graphic artist, promotor & culture studies in Indonesia. Really hope I won't be making too many faux-pas, like I did in France, haha !
Very interested in learning anything related to publishing and print-distribution (as in, the mechanicsm) and of course art & culture in England in general.

hoping to be well-acquainted with many of you in near future !

Hi everybody! We are a group of teachers who are living in Spain. We have developed a project with the mission to provide native English teachers with the information on pay and working conditions, advantages or disadvantages of working in a specific country, visa requirements, teaching qualifications required, types of employers, etc before going. The project is called Teacher World (teacherworld.net) We want to know what do you think about it? Could you please give us some feedback? Many thanks! :)

Hi all,

I currently live in London and am interested in meeting Swiss expats :)

If anybody knows of any please message me!

Glad to be here.

Hi my name is Paul, I worked in Tabuk Saudi Arabia from 03/03/1976-07/01/1984. I worked for a company called Dallah Avco.
Since leaving Saudi I have looked for contact with any or all of my friends and acquaintances from my time there but with no luck. I worked in the motor pool so I am easily recognisable as I was there 8 years. If anyone out there knows me it would be great to hear from you.

salam dont worry there is many peopole from morroco

salam alikom khwadri rani hna gir hdak

ik ben here je suis la

Please, this is the English forum. Take your Darija elsewhere.

ok

odoyo wrote:

How can i be a member of England expart? Sam from kenya

You're not living in England for a start, are you?

youcefknvb wrote:

salam alikom khwadri rani hna gir hdak

ENGLISH please as this is an English speaking forum.
Thank you

I am a Nigerian
I am still a student
I speak English
I am interested in meeting anyone

I am Anthony, i have been living here for a while. I can say i love the city and enjoy living here. My family are able to adapt on time though... We feel great!

If you have any problem let me know..... Feel free

Try to go to yorkshire

Noting really..... But I feel that is better

Hello,
I'm not an expat (although I have spent  a lot of time in Holland), so feel very at home there.

I'm looking to expand my company into Holland, as I've had experience in working in Holland and feel my product range will work well within the Dutch motor industry.

I set up Tagster in the UK 10 years ago and feel now is time to expand into other European countries, starting with Holland. I'm here on this site to find a distributor based in Holland (who speaks dutch) to sell my products throughout Holland.

Tagster is a small successful company based in west London, employing 6 members of staff.

Hello everyone, my name is Jess and I moved to London over 2 years ago from Hong Kong. Take a look at my blog dimshum.wordpress.com if you enjoy food and want to check out some new places to eat! :)

Hello

hallo from spain

Hi everyone,

My husband, daughter and I have just moved to England from South Africa. We live near Bristol and have been here since July. My husband has an ancestral visa and I have an EU passport. However, we would like to get PR in order to apply for British passports in 5 years time..

Are there any other expats in the area?

Cheers!

Hello , i'm Mylene . I'm nineteen , i live in London . I come from Cannes in France .
I want to meet people !
I'm alone

Hi Mylene

How long have you been in London?

Hi there
IM coming to the uk in thext few days, especiall in Leicestershire. I have an industrial degree  was taken in Morocco.
what are ur advices  concerning the  job finding and about the standard of living there .What to expect there?.pleaze Im only intersted  in the opinions of people that were or are in the same shire  .

Thank u for ur valuable opinions.

The standard of living is high. Regarding job search, that's best done when you arrive and have settled in. You can then contact directly, the companies that you're interested in, prepare your C.V and so on.

Hi Betysam,
Since you are coming over for the first time, remember that you do not have a credit history in the UK. We had to pay six months rent up front in order to rent a flat, and we had to buy our cars cash.. Just something to keep in mind.

Regards

NKSA2014 wrote:

Hi Betysam,
Since you are coming over for the first time, remember that you do not have a credit history in the UK. We had to pay six months rent up front in order to rent a flat, and we had to buy our cars cash.. Just something to keep in mind.

Regards

Fortunately for her, she doesn't have to deal with any of that. She is married to a British citizen, and will be accommodated by him. At least I hope so!

XB23 wrote:
NKSA2014 wrote:

Hi Betysam,

Regards

Fortunately for her, she doesn't have to deal with any of that. She is married to a British citizen, and will be accommodated by him. At least I hope so!

Well that is great!!! Makes things so much easier!!

NKSA2014 wrote:
XB23 wrote:
NKSA2014 wrote:

Hi Betysam,

Regards

Well that is great!!! Makes things so much easier!!

Yes indeed. Everything is a lot easier and hassle-free. And Leicester is a city she will feel at home in, due to the large immigrant, mostly Asian population (I think there is more foreigners than white Brits).

Thank u guys for the informations. Do u think that leicester city would feel as home?  Mr Xd
I dont have problems with  finding accomodation once therr,I just want to have a clear idea of what to expect in that city,weather, kind of food,lol I know its mostly Asian,but i just want ur confirmation.Is it advisable to apply for the social work there or just use my industrial degree.?
thank u

betysam wrote:

Thank u guys for the informations. Do u think that leicester city would feel as home?  Mr Xd
I dont have problems with  finding accomodation once therr,I just want to have a clear idea of what to expect in that city,weather, kind of food,lol I know its mostly Asian,but i just want ur confirmation.Is it advisable to apply for the social work there or just use my industrial degree.?
thank u

Leicester is a city I'm born in. I don't live there any more, apart from visit it from time to time, as I have family & friends there. Regarding accommodation, well obviously since you're married to someone living here, you won't have to deal with the issue of finding a place to stay, that's my point really.

If you like the Asian culture, food and so on, then I'm sure it will feel as home. I assume your husband is Asian. About the weather, well England isn't known for it's good weather, so it's quite cold to those who are used to warmer climates. It depends on what type of weather you like, everyone is different...if you like the cold, the rain, the wind, you will like it! About work, your husband is in the best position to advise you about that, since he works in the city I guess. You may have to do some further training/exams or whatever, because sometimes foreign degrees isn't enough. I don't have knowledge on the field of Social Work or what you can do with an Industrial degree, but when you settle in, all that information will become available to you over time. I think what you should do, is first settle in, feel comfortable, learn about your surroundings, make friends and develop your network. Hopefully in a short period of time, you will be confident enough to carry out your own research regarding work, Universities and so on. I just think a step by step approach is the way forward.

Thank u so much for the infos.I dont have problems with the Asian food or even the weather.Its kind of my fav.So in shaa Allah I wont find problems  there .

Hopefully things will go as planned.

If you have any problems, you can contact me or ask on this forum, I'm always happy to help.

That is sweet to find people like u ready to help .thx

U can ask me anything abt Morocco  as I think ure planning to move here right .

And welcome to Leicester!  :cheers:

betysam wrote:

That is sweet to find people like u ready to help .thx

U can ask me anything abt Morocco  as I think ure planning to move here right .

Shukran, will do when I have questions!  :top:

:)

Closed