Labour clearance delay in oman

Hi,

I have sent medical report to one of the reputed company in oman on 30th of December 2013. HR department told me that all applications pending with Admin because Ministry will not accept any application for labour clearance due to Omanization. I want know that is it for short time? Is it happening every year? How long will get to clear this delay issue from ministry. Pls. advice

hi pradeep,

as per my info, this is in regular since 2005-2006 after this sultanate started preference for locals campaign, and after several efforts these departments had diluted the requirements from locals to resident card holders. and hence clearance process will get minimum 20-60 days and after clearance it will take 4-6 days for VISA.(follow-up depends) (it took me also same duration). only you have to do is keep patience and do regular follow-up with your company PR.

I read in news paper it is for six months - until June: this is for giving new clearance.  If they already have a clearance, they can apply now itself.

For all those who would like to know the latest updates regarding the government's policies on employing expatriates in Oman, reading the following published news item would be of great information and help : http://www.timesofoman.com/News/Article-29950.aspx