American Television Programs.

If any of you need your fix I just learned of a site that is quite good. The name of it is ustvnow.com. They have all the major channels for free. I upgraded on have all the channels plus the ability to record via their DVR. At time on my internet when things are busy it does not stream smoothly. But I'm getting a fiber optic line and hopefully then it will be great. Was able to watch the Superbowl live and it played just like I was in the USA.

Thanks for this information.  I'm watching now.

On the topic of TV, would anyone happen to know any sites that stream American shows/movies with Vietnamese Subtitles? I've been Googling 'movie title + vietnamese' and it generally works but if someone has a more convenient/comprehensive site with everything from 'Game of Thrones' to 'Frozen' being streamed/subtitled, I'd really appreciate the tip! I'm just too big a chicken to watch Walking Dead by myself and need some locals to cling to D:

bta87 wrote:

If any of you need your fix I just learned of a site that is quite good. The name of it is ustvnow.com. They have all the major channels for free. I upgraded on have all the channels plus the ability to record via their DVR. At time on my internet when things are busy it does not stream smoothly. But I'm getting a fiber optic line and hopefully then it will be great. Was able to watch the Superbowl live and it played just like I was in the USA.

Thanks bta87. It works pretty good. Now if anybody reading this is retired US military I've got some info you might want to know about. Please PM if your interested.

Thanks bta87, I am starting my membership.

if u want more channels, install a slingbox in usa at ur relatives houses.  watch all the channel they have include nfl channels, nba channels

There are many websites in Vietnam that you can what American film with Vietnamese subtitle. You can visit hayhaytv.vn/ it is free website, no ad and you can sign in vie facebook, yahoo, or gmail.

For REAL cable TV from the states try Nimble: 

watch.nimbletv.com/plans/nyc/invited

It's not cheap but it's the real deal for Expats in search of real TV from the States.  They help you get your own DISH subscriber account based in New York City with ALL the premium channels including local NYC ones, which Nimble then delivers to you LIVE - streaming to your computer.  You can also use the DVR software they include with the package to watch all your favorite shows later.  Go with the "Enthusiast" plan and then add 7 HBO channels and 5 Showtime channels for about 120 bucks total  a month.  First week is free so if you are starving for some real TV programs, give it a try. Once you do though, you'll be hooked.

bta87 wrote:

ustvnow.com/register.php?sub=7

Not all that free, you have to pay unless you on;y want the 6 low quality channels.

kntrinh wrote:

On the topic of TV, would anyone happen to know any sites that stream American shows/movies with Vietnamese Subtitles? I've been Googling 'movie title + vietnamese' and it generally works but if someone has a more convenient/comprehensive site with everything from 'Game of Thrones' to 'Frozen' being streamed/subtitled, I'd really appreciate the tip! I'm just too big a chicken to watch Walking Dead by myself and need some locals to cling to D:

I don't know what websites to use because I rarely watch anything via streaming, when I have watched the occasional sporting event I noticed the quality wasn't as good as what I'm used to, there were ads to deal with and streaming also doesn't work well for me because oftentimes I'm not using a high-speed internet connection.

What I do is download the programming I want from kickasstorrents (kickass.to/) and google search and download the subtitles separately. I'm not very computer savy and it took me a bit to figure out how to play both the show or movie and subtitles (I usually use VLC media player) but after googling the question and messing around a bit I was able to get the subtitles to work. I've watched episodes of The Big Bang Theory, Breaking Bad, Seinfeld (for shows like these I generally download entire seasons but if you're watching popular new shows people do upload them on an episode by episode basis) and a couple of movies such as No Country for Old Men and Forrest Gump with Vietnamese friends...sometimes the subtitles aren't timed perfectly with the audio which can be a bit annoying but other times it's right on. Good luck!

kntrinh wrote:

tv.zing has what you're looking for. I'd love to watch The Walking Dead with you, I had a severe phobia of zombies until I forced myself to watch it on HBO-Vietnam one too many times. XD