Tax Paid to Home Country

Hi Fellow Australians,

Just had an offer from an Eng'g Company to work in Kuwait for a 5 year contract. The problem was, i'll be leaving my family behind in Qld as I will be on a Single Status, and will be coming home every year or as often as possible and therefore I am still a resident of Australia for Tax Purposes which means paying enormous amount of tax. Would there be another way of dealing with the Tax Office?

By the way, not possible to relocate my family as the kids don't want to move.

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Rex

it depends on the tax regulations for instance americans only have to pay tax on anything we earn over 100 thousand so if we earn 130 thousand we pay tax on the 30 thousand get what I mean Australia may have tax exemptions like that I know the English only have to pay tax for the first year then after that its tax free an as Australia is part of the uk commonwealth I would imagine they got a similar thing going talk to ur tax office hope this helps

As long as you are working out of Australia for 186 days per year or more you dont have to pay anything!  You don't need to tell the tax office shit!  Plus how are they gonna find out? ? Theres no tax.treaty plus its only Americans that pay tax on their global earnings . The only tax u will pay is on earnings in Australia (ie rental income, share dividends, income from Australia based investment) . Ps how old are the kids?  Kuwait is a great experience for families and its an awesome opportunity to travel around the region and in Europe.

Hi Rex and sdask,
How are you? Hope you doing well. Based on the subject, really I don't have idea about your query but according to my situation, I would like to grab this opportunity to ask you guys about migration from Kuwait to Australia.
I am permanent resident of Australia holding a valid Australian Visa: Skilled (Migrant) (Class VE) Subclass 175 (Skilled - Independent) and have permanent work authorization in Australia but now a days residing here in Kuwait for my job requirements.
I want to be settling down there in Australia permanently and in this state, I'm planning for the migration.
As you know, Australia is a big country. I'm new and unknown to the Australia. So, I'm confused in selection of area that where to go? Because wrong selection on the initial stage, it can put me in difficult situation.
So, you are citizens of Australia and already working over there, I seek your guidance to make a selection of area which can be convenient for me to live and supportive for the job finding as well.
I'm holding an associate degree in Electrical Engineering and having more than 17 years of experience in hands. I can start my carrier on any position on the initial stage but must require a job to run my normal daily life at the beginning. So, your kind guidance can help me to survive and build my future as well.
Kindly, guide me with your sincere advice for the area selection and bring in to my notice something further which is still hidden for me related to the migration.
Yours kind assistance will be worthy for me to bring my future dreams come true.

Intend to hear from you as soon as posible from you guys abut the subject.

Kind regards,
Umair Saeed
e-mail: [email protected]

Sydney of course!!