New to forum

hi all ..
I am new to the forum. I thought I would drop by and see if anybody out there knows of the National Guard Hospital, King abdul aziz medical city.  It looks like there might be a job for me there.  Just wanted an idea of what its like to work there and also to live on the hospital compound. 

anybody?  or even if any of you might know of somebody that might help me out with some basic stuff. 

This is a great site.  I am busy trawling through it for information on living in Riyadh:)

thanks
polocat (F)

My colleagues at work have business contacts who work for that hospital, I'll ask them and see what they know.

stay tuned :)

Hi Polecat, welcome to the forum.  We look forward to your participation, so stick around and have some fun!

This is a great site.  I am busy trawling through it for information on living in Riyadh:)

Hi Polecat!  Welcome to the forum, thanks for the kind words, and a special thanks for doing your homework here before asking questions!!

Problem with some of our threads is that they sometimes (sometimes?!?) wander from the original topic and develop into great, unrelated discussions.  So if you've got the time, read any thread with a lot of discussion regardless of the topic line.

I've been to the hospital.  I did my first Iqama physical there.

Good staff, very professional.  Mix of Westerners and Filipinas on the medical staff.

Don't know how it is to work there, though.  Sorry.

Oh...sorry, welcome to the forum, too.

National Guard hospital has a fairly good reputation for looking after the people who work there and for providing accomodation that is a higher standard than some other hospitals.  They have staff at more than one compound so I can't make a blanket statement on what the compounds are like.

Hi All.
thanks for your replies.  I will continue to look through the forum and pick up bits of info.
The compound they have spoke of is Al Yamama III compound.
I would love to find out if there are any other admin staff westerners I could chat to about it.

I hear the King Faisal hospital is probably the better of the two ..but that accomodation is much better in the NG. 

fingers crossed.

cheers

Polocat.

I've heard complaints about living conditions at Faisal too.  Al Yammama 3 is one of the newest compounds in Riyadh and is lovely.