Translation of English to mandarin

Still sitting in Australia and coming over to china soo, I have found an app in iTunes called "Say Hi translate" does anyone use it and if so is it helpful.  I would be keen to find out. Thanks Di

Translation apps are absolutely terrible - especially in Chinese.

Do you use any apps or are u versed in mandarin, I spent a week in china, tanjin and no one could speak English and to try and catch a cab we had no chance had to walk back to hotel with my mother on a walking frame not good, so trying to find something so I will not get in the same situation as my partner will be working and I will be exploring but don't want to get lost.

Some CNN reporter did a piece on translation apps and it translated "你好嗎" - probably the most common phrase in Chinese - to "cute brave horse".

Add this number to your contacts:

Guanxi - relations

For non Chinese speaking in Beijing. SMS the English name of your destination, for example Forbidden City.
In just seconds you will receive several options (numbered) or the address in English.
Answer "C" on that text and you will get the address in Chinese and also phone numbers for the driver to call for assistance (hotels number).

Even though I have studied Chinese I use that service sometimes.

Thanks will try this