Journey from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to PAKISTAN - By Road - On Car

Hello,
It was a Dream to travel from KSA to Pakistan by road on car ...
Now finally i decided to take initiative and Go for it.

I NEED INFORMATION...

Route Plan is simple...
Riyadh, KSA  - Kuwait - Iraq - Iran - Pakistan...

Now the thing is... WOULD I GET THE VISA for Kuwait / Iraq / Iran ... Visa on Arrival on Border ??? to travel through the country to the next ???

Kindly comment about it...

Real Good Boy wrote:

Hello,
It was a Dream to travel from KSA to Pakistan by road on car ...
Now finally i decided to take initiative and Go for it.

I NEED INFORMATION...

Route Plan is simple...
Riyadh, KSA  - Kuwait - Iraq - Iran - Pakistan...

Now the thing is... WOULD I GET THE VISA for Kuwait / Iraq / Iran ... Visa on Arrival on Border ??? to travel through the country to the next ???

Kindly comment about it...

It is not recommended in these days to travel to Pakistan by road.
You may be get a visa of Kuwait on border but I believe there is no chance to get Iraq visa on arrival since they give visa to a group I think not to a single person and getting Iranian visa on the border will not be possible too, so better to get Iranian visa from their embassy in Riyadh from where you can get Iranian visa very easily, more easy than getting from Pakistan 

I hope you have verified that your route does not include any high risk areas in Iraq, Iran or Pakistan?

"Route Plan is simple...
Riyadh, KSA  - Kuwait - Iraq - Iran - Pakistan..."

:blink:

Full Monty wrote:

"Route Plan is simple...
Riyadh, KSA  - Kuwait - Iraq - Iran - Pakistan..."

:blink:

Yes very simple  :D

Might as well add Syria and Afghanistan into the itinerary, amiright?  :idontagree:

Well...

i did some research... the route seems Safe enough... but you never know ...
This Visa Issues feels like a trouble... idk... i just feel like loosing hope about this dream...
I wish our world was a better place ... so i could travel around the world on my car ... such a dream ... remains a Dream...

Thanx for suggestions ...

Real Good Boy wrote:

Well...

i did some research... the route seems Safe enough... but you never know ...
This Visa Issues feels like a trouble... idk... i just feel like loosing hope about this dream...
I wish our world was a better place ... so i could travel around the world on my car ... such a dream ... remains a Dream...

Thanx for suggestions ...

You just need to check for Iraq Visa, other visas are not difficult to get.

Must beware of road sectors

[Moderated: inappropriate]

Seems a little fraught with danger to me.
Too many unknowns along the way. The route may seem safe but what about breakdowns, punctures etc.Not too many 24 hr garages along the way.
What if someone likes your car better than you then steals it.
What if you are held up and robbed.

There could well be trouble at border posts even if you have the correct visas. Guards wanting bribes.
Whilst I applaud your sense of adventure I would think long and hard about the trip.

Perhaps a Google search may find someone who has done the same or a similar trip to gain an insight into the proposed trip.

Re: Journey from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to PAKISTAN - By Road - On Car

[Moderated: inappropriate]

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

hmmm....

rethinking ...

maybe i'll cancel the Plan ...
:/

If you need me I can accompany you in this journey man

Unfortunately ... what i have concluded is...
it cant be done ...

I was also thinking to go pakistan - karachi like this,
but getting visas and circumstances of the path, I dont know if anybody is having experience of travelling by road,
never heard of it, although it will be a fun journey and a memorable event of life,
few question came in my mind are,
what about car insurance, tax or anything else they may need?
At-least 3 and half days are required to reach Pakistan so is there any Services along highway like temporary hotels etc.?
What if we leave our car there in pakistan and comes back through plane :D (just kiddng, but you can answer)
Lets plan, if there are 4+ famililes means atleast four cars preferably SUVs we can plan and lets go together?
May be we will be the first group of people travelling from saudia to pak by road and get media attention :)
Thumb up to Idea!!

Good Luck Gentlemen  :| please let us know once done to plan our journey as well  :/

I remember a couple who travelled from London to Mumbai by car, they have a blog also, and they travelled across lot many countries and what you are saying is completely possible !!

Lets sit sincerely together and plan.

Really @saiman?
That amazing, 8,000 Miles and 173 hours and around two weeks of travelling minimum, Woww
I dont think one driver can do that, there must be 2-3 drivers,
and if they can travel 8 thousand miles with 6-7 countries border crossing passing through glaciers, mountains, deserts, streams why cant we travel 2300 miles only?
Come on guys

Yeah they did that and passing through around 26-28 countries with only one car and one driver and one co passenger !! I think they did that in 35-40 days :)

How safe is it to pass through Iraq and Afghanistan now?

Here you go read it for your inspiration 👍

http://www.humdono.us/roadtrip-london-2-jammu/

saimans wrote:

Here you go read it for your inspiration 👍

http://www.humdono.us/roadtrip-london-2-jammu/

:top::top::top:

Hey thats amazing,
I saw the logo of ROYAL CYBER on there car,
I have already worked in this company for 2 years in Pakistan :) thats nice.
is it range rover?

UmairMansoor wrote:

is it range rover?

Yes that's a Range Rover !!

Hello guys,

Great to see that some adventurous Pakistanis are still around. I met lots of Pakistanis (all most all of them were Mirpuries) who traveled regularly by road from UK to Pakistan in 80s and 90s.

I feel  there are two major problems you could be facing while traveling  from Saudi to Pakistan.

a) Corruption and harassment  by border agencies while entering Iran border. Kindly watch youtube- The Punjab Road runners Bradford to Pakistan in ford transit mark2.

b) Entering in Pakistan by car with raise suspicions of customs agencies  in Pakistan that your motive is to smuggle a duty free vehicle into the country. Pakistan customs had a scheme called 'Carnet de passage' where a mechanism was provided to provide a guarantee  that duty will be paid or car will be shipped or driven out of the country. Kindly check if this scheme is still applicable. The following link may be useful

pakwheels.com/forums/vehicle-documentation-registration-import-lease/102530-carnet-de-passage.

You may try to find a sponsor or at least film the complete journey and put it on the net for us to watch. :cheers:

I am living at Riyadh, professionally software engineer, wanted to take my car into Pakistan by road, but its sound me like impossible, anyway will contact embassy on that regard.  :(

really  :o  london to india ???

saimans wrote:

Yeah they did that and passing through around 26-28 countries with only one car and one driver and one co passenger !! I think they did that in 35-40 days :)

they must be on their honeymoon   ;)

What about dacaits in Balochistan who will see your Saudi plates and go bonkers!!

mustafaaliq wrote:
saimans wrote:

they must be on their honeymoon   ;)

They are travelling buddies. Read the link I have shared for further info !!

What happened to your plan guys? Any further progress??

I share the same dream like yours. Route in Pakistan is not an big issue. We can travel through Gwadar to Karachi and from Karachi we can move any where safely..

The main issue is crossing Iraq and Iran.. Both countries are not safe these days. Iraq would be a smaller part of our travelling and what I have heard is safe and they do issue visas for tourist to cross the border. But Iran is having a big part of our journey. Which is risky..

Other than that having entry/exit stamp of Iraq and Iran on your passport will de-value that.. And you wont be able to get US or Europe visa easily if you plan to visit in future..

But there will be an possibility in future.. Right now there is no ferry service from Dubai or Muscat to Karachi.. But they might start ferry again. soon.. Then we can cover that part of our journey through that...

Your reviews are welcome on above said things..

Now my second dream is to go from Pakistan to Europe by road.. Thats what we can do actually.. !!

Dear Friend,

I am also interested to go Pakistan, Karachi via road is it possible to joined you and let we go togather.

Hey Guys,

First of all, Thanks to all of you, for keeping this topic going... I see alot of enthusiasm in people for such adventures, but most can't bring it out front because of obvious reasons, some people even think that this is infact a joke...

As for people saying, its comparatively easier to travel from Europ to Pakistan / India rather than from Saudi Arabia... if you see the Land Route there, its still easier...

I've visited Pakistan Embassy on this issue for couple of times, but no help from there...
I've also visited Kuwait Embassy also, to get the Info, but even there, they failed even to understand what I mean... they turned me back start from the reception...
I don't know if there's any embassy for Iraq here in Riyadh, but going there would be useless... unless I first get a Confirmation from Kuwaiti Embassy...

Even say, all " Documentation " issue here is done, still you have to face your friends n family, to make them understand about what you are going to do...
next Obstacle is " Customs Office " is Pakistan, that would be an impossible issue to solve...

As for what people saying about safety of the Route and problems to be faced on the road, well... Ibn Battuta and other guys of the time, travelled so far and ventured into the unknown in times when there where no paved roads and cars... I'm not afraid of what comes on the way, except for the Documentation Issues, lol.

So I concluded, IT CAN'T BE DONE... Unless... Mutual Efforts are made to open The Road.

Regards.

Says Ibn Battuta...

" I set out alone, having neither fellow-traveller in whose companionship I might find cheer, nor caravan whose part I might join, but swayed by an overmastering impulse within me and a desire long-cherished in my bosom to visit these illustrious sanctuaries. So I braced my resolution to quit my dear ones, female and male, and forsook my home as birds forsake their nests. My parents being yet in the bonds of life, it weighed sorely upon me to part from them, and both they and I were afflicted with sorrow at this separation. "

No Doubt, when men like these lived, those times were progressive and great.

Any luck guys.
I am planning and will visit office who issue carnet de passage
But what about the route

Hey,
No luck yet... its near to impossible task to achieve...

Good Luck.

Can you highlight what the major hurdle is?
Is it visa or anythinf else

Well... list of issues as following:

- Visas of Countries you are going to pass through, appropriate documentation.
- Custom Clearances on the way, specially when u'll reach Pakistan...
- Getting the car back to KSA... since u cant just leave it there in Pakistan, in which case, you would be Importing the car to Pakistan... for which Custom will charge you huge sums of Taxes, even for Electrical seats, electrical windows, mirrors, taxes for even smallest of stuff in car...
- You can Only take a car of a Model Year not older then 3 years from the date... make it 2 years older to be on the safe side.
- Biggest problem of all is to deal with you Family & Friends to support you for this adventure, instead of pulling you back...
- and other minor issues like Road Safety, Regional Security issues, Car breakdowns... etc etc...

Now if you finally be able to deal with all that issues, I suggest you to travel in Winter time... much easier to travel at that time.

Regards.