Pondicherry or Mumbai?

Hi All :)

I am an Spanish 38 woman who is moving to India next year to study a postgraduate in Performing Arts&Cinema.

I received two options from universities: Mumbay and Pondicherry., and I really donŽt know what to choose. I have never been in India before.

Which one is better for living there during one year? I like more Pondicherry because of the beaches, peacefull (non-estressing) and all the nice pictures I have seen on the net but, has it a good offer in theater and filming companies? Is a city with resources or is is a VERY quiet one?

Thank you very much.

Dear, I plan to move to india too, but for me it is different, see the link below and wish you a good luck.

articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-09-05/travel/29863607_1_women-travellers-conversati

Hi
Pondicherry is much better than Mumbai (Bombay) the metropolis Mumbai is crowded.You will have tough time in visiting the performing arts places like NCPA.
In contrast Pondicherry is exotic amalgamation of Indian and continental (French ) influence  ,easy laid back environment ,cosmopolitan and good art s cenario .i havez a prof  of medicine there who is an exponent of Bharat Natyam too .She can help you in initial integration in the place there !
All the best for the discovery of my vibrant countery India.

Thank you both! :)
Really helpfull.

thanks.
I will contact you when I am arriving there.

thanks.
I will contact you when I am arriving there.

subodh wrote:

Hi
Pondicherry is much better than Mumbai (Bombay) the metropolis Mumbai is crowded.You will have tough time in visiting the performing arts places like NCPA.
In contrast Pondicherry is exotic amalgamation of Indian and continental (French ) influence  ,easy laid back environment ,cosmopolitan and good art s cenario .i havez a prof  of medicine there who is an exponent of Bharat Natyam too .She can help you in initial integration in the place there !
All the best for the discovery of my vibrant countery India.

There is no question on this, As pondicherry is the best place to relocate.

It is a good french colony surounded with good beaches, Sculptures, Temples, and more over the pollution and crowd if very less. Good Italian and french restaurants are Spread.

Chennai as metro is near by to pondicherry and Mahabalipuram is also meant for shore temple is a good place.

Thank you, Sweet_maddi,
I still donŽt know about my destiny, as I am searching for a Master in Cinema and Pondicherry University hasnŽt got the program course especified, so I donŽt know where am I going to be in the end. I have other locations with good programs, like Chennai, Kerala and Hyderabad... It depends of the university, so who knows... Uncertain destiny :)

Best.

sweet_maddi2002 wrote:

There is no question on this, As pondicherry is the best place to relocate.

It is a good french colony surounded with good beaches, Sculptures, Temples, and more over the pollution and crowd if very less. Good Italian and french restaurants are Spread.

Chennai as metro is near by to pondicherry and Mahabalipuram is also meant for shore temple is a good place.

Hi Friend,

I will suggest pondichery, as Mumbai is not safe for woman's. I hope you will enjoy the Education & your life as well.

All the Best.

I lived in Pondicherry for 10 years & I have visited Mumbai 3 times.

I suggest, Pondicherry is the best option. Safe & idle place..you will enjoy it.  google auroville.org for little more details - you will love that place just 5 kms from the city.

Mumbai (Bombay) is better option if you are comfortable with daily hustle and bustle of the city that never sleeps. It is real challenge an experience worth trying. If you are seeking calm and quite Pondicherry will suit you. You need to consider the cost factor as well.

Hello Madam,
                      I'm Jack,I'm an engineer and a resident of Pondicherry and I know many foreigners here...I saw your post and would like to help you...Mumbai is a big city,very crowded and polluted and also very costly living compared to Pondicherry as Pondy is an union teritorry...Pondicherry is a small city and it is an old French town and still there are many French buildings and many Foreigners living and visiting...Also there are many beaches and very peaceful city compared to Mumbai...May be if you choose Pondy U can also ask for my help...Thanks

Hi, I would like to suggest you to relocate to Pondicherry. There you can do your studies peacefully. Mumbai also a great place to study,But its crowded compare to Pondicherry. All the best.

Mumbai is a best option for Performing Arts&Cinema. When it comes to Cinema, Theater, Performing art, Mumbai is most preferred. But it will be a challenge for you to catch up with d speed of Mumbai.  If you are looking for peaceful and relaxed place then i would suggest Pondicherry. But if you want to experience thrill and adventure then you should definitely come to Mumbai. Also here you can find many expats here in certain parts of Mumbai like Bandra and Fort side with whom it will be easy for you adjust and hangout. You will find the best of Cinema and Theater in  Mumbai i can assure you that.

Hola,
You can even try University of Baroda, which is famous for its arts and performance studies and SAA at JNU, New Delhi. Both are academically prestigious, but they are more academic and research oriented, for application oriented IIFT Pune is the best or even you can try NSD...the National School of Drama, which together with IIFT produces most of the actors and artists who sustain the India´s arts industry.
Mucha suerte!