IV infusions needed

I'll be coming over to Khobar from the US at the end of November.  Here, in the US, I get monthly steroid IV infusions for a chronic pain autoimmune disorder.  My next ones are on the 19th & 20th.  I go every month, so I'll need them again on Dec. 17th & 18th.  Our insurance uses Saad hospital, but I understand that you have to have an ID card to even talk to anyone and to get the ID, you have to have your iqama.  If all of that is true, how long would you estimate it would take me to be able to see a Dr. to get my treatments (meaning, how long would it take me to get my iqama and then how long to get my ID for the hospital?

Getting worried....

Depends on your company and how backlogged government offices are.

For new arrivals, iqamas have known to take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months.

In case your iqama is not ready in one month, you will just have to go to a hospital and pay cash (you can use your passport and a letter from the company saying your iqama is in progress if paying cash).

Oh thank you!!  This is very helpful!!

Hi @texas rose, my heart goes out to you for the discomfort (to say the least) about your medical condition. I hope you will not miss your treatment.

From my best knowledge of this, you can try to get your company to issue out a letter of undertaking for the medical treatment you require if your iqama is still under processing. The cost will be charged to your company, and it will then be between you and the company to sort it out later. This is what happened to me when I first got here.

Otherwise, if the treatment cost is not too much of a burden for you - you can proceed with what @Trapezius suggested. Either way, get a copy of your passport endorsed by the company as well - since I guess it will be with them for iqama processing?

Modjo I'm sorry, I am only just now seeing your reply!  I just came back to find this post because I'm finally in-Kingdom and need to get in  to see the Dr. and my iqama isn't ready yet (my husband will check on it tomorrow...fingers crossed!).  It's only been in processing a week, so I'm not holding out hope that it's ready, so I'll probably have to do as y'all have suggested and get the company letter.  Thank you for your reply!! I didn't realize that the company could pay for it and let me pay them back.  That would be great!  Even if I have to pay cash, though I definitely need to get in to see the Dr. soon!!  I'll come back and post how it went.  This info may come in handy to someone else later!!  Thanks, again!!