Nice and modern hotel in Quito

I am looking for a nice and modern hotel in Quito - not to far from the action - in the price range of 40-60 USD/day inclusive, any suggestion ?

I can highly recommend Suites Metropoli, but it is in the business district, not in the historical section. We stayed there last weekend and it was very nice. Look it up on the Internet. Santiago was so very helpful and speaks English. It's right in your price range. We thoroughly enjoyed an excellent breakfast for an additional $5.

ThankŽs for the reference KimK

I am staying right now in hotel Finlandia in the business district... it is newly renovated, modern , clean, a block away all kinds of restaurant.. shopping mall... the price here for a room for two people is about $65.. I am a part of a group.. i do not know if the price will be the same for one individual...  but it is nice here

Dear OGA1, Thank you for your kind support..

I highly recommend "Hostal de La Mancha " at the corner of Coruña and Valladolid . My wife and I have stayed there for several days in February and then again in April. It's a very clean and modern hotel with private bathroom with actual bathtubs. The total charge is $60 if paying in cash. It's close to everything and in a safe area. About 3 blocks or so from the Swissôtel .  The owners are very helpful and go out of their way to assist with any issues . Our luggage was lost by the airline when we first  went  but Marci, the owners wife , made several calls for us and was able to get our bags for us.