Hello

Hi

My name is Irfan and I just recently moved to Jakarta and loving it. Would like to meet new people to expand my network of friends and share my experiences. Before moving to Jakarta I was living in Ho Chi Minh City and US for a while. Besides traffic everything about Jakarta is amazing, people are much nicer and friendly, food is amazing a bit oily for me but otherwise its good. Different people from different parts of the world live in this vibrant city which makes it more colorful so yeah Jakarta is the place to come and live if you can deal with traffic. Would like to meet you all so get i touch :)

Cheers
Irfan

Hi and welcome but....

Posting your number is generally considered to be a bad idea.

cheers mate…..removed ;)

For a Swiss guy, your name is very Indonesian :-)
Anyways, welcome aboard! Glad to hear you're enjoying the city.
I will let you know if theres a get together event in the future. You could also create your own and ask everyone to join. Dinner, coffee, movies etc :-)

Hi Sophie,

hahahaha nope not an Indonesian yeah it confuses a lot of people, at times it confuses me how come i have 4 nationalities in the house :-) will tell you someday when we meet. That would be great please do lemme know if there is a meet up happening would love to meet you and others… I can do that too but need to know the places and people first.

Cheers
Irfan

Irfan K wrote:

Hi Sophie,

hahahaha nope not an Indonesian yeah it confuses a lot of people, at times it confuses me how come i have 4 nationalities in the house :-) will tell you someday when we meet. That would be great please do lemme know if there is a meet up happening would love to meet you and others… I can do that too but need to know the places and people first.

Cheers
Irfan

Next get together will be on the 24th of next month.
I'll let you know if theres something happening earlier :-)

cheers appreciate it :-)

Hi Irfan K,

You used to live in Hochiminh before? What do you think about Hochiminh vs Jakarta?

Hey lemonjuice

every city has its pro's n con's but yeah Jakarta has much more to offer then HCMC but then HCMC has its own charm :)

well i found some similarities that people are nice in both 2 cities, lots of motobikes and heavy traffic. However, food and taste are much different, if you can try local food in JKT you will find Indonesian like sweet taste, eat more carbohydrates, oil than vegetables & fruit while in HCM they serve vegetables in almost every dishes. Its just my observation after 4 months in JKT.

agreed i think food is much better in VN here its a bit higher on the oily side :) VN is the largest population of motorbikes in the world. Traffic is bad but it moves it doesnt take you hours to get to place thats for sure. Language is a barrier there very few people speak english which makes it a bit tough to communicate with locals and you cannot learn the language i tried and failed miserably :p