Monthly salary in Buenos Aires

Hi All,

I am an Indian. I got an offer from BA, Argentina. I need to sell off my entire household to live there. I am married and my wife needs to leave her job to go with me.
Please suggest: how much in-hand monthly salary should I ask for?
Any other question?

Hello,

Clearly, it depends on the quality of life you are expecting to have, and your profession...

To rent a small apartment studio or 1 bedroom $1500-$2500
For private heath insurance $300-$500 per person (could be higher regarding your visa situation)
For cable and internet $300-$400
For 1 home meal: 1coke 2.25lts + 1kg beef + green salad= $16+$40+$4 =$60
Ticket to the movies $30
Gym monthy payment $150
Public transport, bus, about $2.35 per ride

My guess is with $10.000 net per month; (in your hand). You should be fine, but without big savings capabilities.

Note that: Some people live with less than that, with around $7500, but, i would not recommend it.

Inflation is BIG. These numbers are not going to hold for too long.

$ = Pesos Argentinos.

Keep in mind that the cost of living in Argentina is rising year to year. It is already very close to western europe.

Argentina is not cheap, and salaries are low. Almost zero savings capabilities. Keep that in mind.

Hope it helps.
Look.

Hi,

Let's try to be clear : if you got an offer from any company in Argentina, this offer should include a salary, benefits etc... Alos, in this country, some jobs are paid differently depending on the kind of industry and the stregth of the union covering it. So give us more details and we could be more specific on your request. Second to none, is the company making the offer able to hire non argentinian workers? if they are, do they take care of getting your working permit and the visas for your family. This is very important and shouln'd be based on verbal promesses.

So good luck and take care

Hello,

As mentioned work visa is important, and should be handled by the company, and a job offer suppose to have financial offer. Iflation is too high, price keep going up. Houses or apartments are not found easily, unless your welling to pay.

Another important issue which may cause a lot of difference if you got paid in amercian dollars, which can be exchanged with different rate in blue market. Sometimes up to 170%. USD$ now is about 5.3 Ar. Pesos, and in unofficial rate about 9.5.

If you -let us say- a programmer / solution architect or in a near field, with more than 5 years of experience, you are needed. In general the REGULAR range of salaries start from about 7,000, and can reach 12,000. If you have something diffrent (higher) then you have a good offer, but always also ask for other benifits.

It is important to know that foriegners here are too much, from all over the world, so keep in mind you may not get a special treatment or something. I am a foriegner myself.

Finally, in all cases you need to speak Spanish fluently.

Good Luck

Radio Taxi: (more or less).

$5-10 for the home call. + $10 basic. $1-2 / 150-200mts

Average ride is $50-$150. Inside the city of buenos aires. Night rides, 20% extra.

Bus tickets: Within Argentina, for tourism purpose. Traveling outside of Buenos Aires (to other provinces).

ticketonline.com.ar/TOLWeb/pages/main.seam?conversationId=106771

Grocery Shopping:

1kg chiken breast $30 - 1kg Beef $40 - 2.25lts diet coke $16

Cell Phone: You can check rates online, companies are: Claro or Movistar

Internet + Cable TV: Internet is usually provided by optic fiber with the cable TV. HD TV + broadband is about $400 per month.

Electriticty: $400-750 every 2 months; if you use the AC alot in the summer.

Phone, Gas, Water: Combined less than electricity.

Visa stuff, i really do not know. http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/?faq

If your rent and health insurance it is covered by your employeer, on a budget, you could eat, pay utilities, and travel by bus-train-subway (public transport,not taxi) with $5500 on hand. If you are planning on going out every week, going to the teather, away from the weekend, fly to a sky resort, taking a taxi every day, you will need to ask more.

Nobody can tell exactly how much you should ask, it will depend on your educational, background, and the lifestyle expected.

Examples: (Just people i know. Most likely, not the average)

Senior Full time University Professor $12.000
Junior Part time University Professor Assistant $2500
Construction worker $6000-$8000
Pharmaceutical representative, salesman $20.000
Junior Civil engineer $8000-$10.000
Chemical Operative on a laboratory plant $15.000
Truck driver $10.000

As stated above, the union, syndicate, collective agreement, it is important. Vital

hope it help.
best regards

Very complicated to provide a direct answer to your question. Many of the responses are very accurate and useful. Consider housing: annual rent increase i experienced 20 %. Owning and operating a vehicle is unbelievable expensive. Basic living is a matter of choice. You can live cheaply or otherwise. I would consider less than 20000 tight with a spouse who probably will not be allowed to work. Hopefully, you have some Spanish language skill. In your office you may be able to get away without Spanish but outside of your office it is a challenge.

I would think your age would be a key factor of your success, if you are 30 or younger and can rough it out you are in for a great experience and hopefully you are not a vegetarian.

Good luck