Change / Transfer of Employer Procedures

Good day!

I am a Filipino working for more than 2years now in a private company here in Jeddah, and I found a job in the other company here in Jeddah also. I am planning to submit my resignation (90days notice based on the employment contract) and accept the job offer in the other company. My current employer is not giving a release or NOC to those who want to resign but they give employment certificate instead, and they will process everything up to your final exit.

My question is, will the new employer can get a new working visa for me even if I do not exit Saudi Arabia and directly start working for them?

I asked this because I do not know if there's an effect or sudden Labor change with regard to the Saudi Gov't check for the undocumented expats and transfer of employer...

Thanks a lot!

Hi OEY,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I invite you to have a look at this topic : Iqama Transfer , you will get some useful information.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com

@Christine - Thanks for the response and for the info. I got some answers based on the thread posts. I just hope the upcoming Gov't check for all undocumented expats (including those who want to transfer to other employer) won't affect the ruling on how to hire expats.

Thanks a lot...