Planning to move from India to New Zealand

Hi sushmith,

This thread is dated 2010 :)

Have you scroll up and read the previous posts ? They are quite helpful :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

ilove new zealand i loke it so good awesome

Hi kamal verma,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Have you been to New Zealand.. any interesting story or information to share with us :)?

Feel free to create a new topic on the New Zealand Forum ;)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

I am a Complementary therapist. I have less than 2yrs. of work experience with varied therapy such as Deep tissue, swedish massage, reflexology, aromatherapy, Indian hear massage, hot stone therapy, Shirodhara, Kizhi massage, Holistic massage as well. My aunt is living in Auckland and she planned to open a massage centre with me. She invest in centre and hire me. Is this planned would help me to shift there?

hello frds
i m sunil . i am mechanical enginner .i want job in nz.and tell me how to get job in nz .

To all of those who are looking to get work in NZ. 

The first thing to do is go online to the NZ govt immigration website and see if you qualify for a visa.

nayan k 

Your aunt would have to approach the immigration department and see if you can get a visa to work in NZ. She would have to prove that she has advertised the position for some time and no NZ citizen applied and so she has offered the job to you. That way you have a sponsor.

The other thing for her to do is to offer you a partnership in the business and this may make it easier for you to work.

Remember, no visa no work and if caught you will be deported.

Hi all,

Iam a banking executive with experience of 20 years in retail/branch banking and in treasury operations. Iam looking to migrate to Newzealand.

I would like to know the job opportunities available and the present salary for people with my profile. I qualify for Newzealand immigration when I checked with the criteria with NZ immigration site.

Pl guide

rvnathan73

I suggest you do some online research for jobs and salaries.
Try this website for jobs www.seek.co.nz

Hi Dear friends,

I am the recent entry into the race to get to NZ.

I am a IT professional having 8 years of experience in Storage (SAN) management and administration.

I went through the EOI point to check what will be the point i will be getting and i got a score of 140 points.

I was almost going to fill in the online EOI when i started looking at sites to check my options and i came accross a lot of sites claiming that this is a scam.
I dont want to beleive all that but some of them were really sad and have lost all the their hard earned money.

What i need to know if this is a fact.

can some one also help me with some questions i have listed below.

I checkd and i am accross that after you enter your EOI there are 3 outcomes of it.

1. assigned
2. Denied
3 WTR (work to residence)

Is the above correct ?

What is the total cost of applying for for the same ? (As i have heard different things regarding the cost)
if i get assigned what does that mean ?
If i get WTR what does that mean ?

This is a great site to get more information and help people decide what they need to do.

What site did you use ? 
Is it an agency looking to make money ? Sounds like it to me.

Try www.immigration.govt.nz for information on visas etc. This is the official NZ govt site and is the only one to use.

e2nz.org/2010/01/29/philippines-warns-citizens-about-nz-work-to-residence-scheme/

backpack-newzealand.com/nz/article3478.php

expatexposed.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34139

These are the sites.

i Also wanted to know the cost for the EOI, i tried it from the site directly and at the end it asked me to pay 510 $ NZ (24000 INR) when i found out at the embassy directly they said i have o pay 10,000 INR so which one is correct and why this difference.

I am fresher and i want to work in Fiji or in New zealand
I am only completing my High school. i have no degree or not having any graduation. But i have computer software & hardware diploma & 4 years experience in this field.

so tell me what i can do for finding job there.

To be honest you will have no chance.
You must have qualifications of some kind to work in NZ as visas are worked out on a points system. There is no work in Fiji.
You may be able to get a working holiday visa for NZ.

hello i m manpreet singh from India. I want to do work in newzeland. Recently i have done graduation in hotel management

money

Go online to www.immigration.govt.nz This site will give you all the information you require regarding visas etc.

Hi Stumpy,
Hope you doing good.
Your replies were really nice,I wish you continue helping people in the same way,
1)I have done Bachelors(4 yrs) from India in biotechnology and m planning to do PGD in food technology from Massey University Palmerston north campus or may be from Auckland(not yet decided).

2)I know being a foreigner its difficult to survive not only in NZ but everywhere in the world,because for sure localites will get more importance,But my question is Do Indians don't have any job, related to their course in NZ(specifically Food/dairy industries)such that they can survive there for a year and convert their PGD course into Masters??

3)Secondly The living cost for palmerston north is not being displayed by the site which you have provided in above posts..Please can you tell me any rough idea about the yearly expense(will it be near 15-16k NZ$ or more).

4)And lastly if we do part time jobs then do we get the real wage which is decided by the NZ govt. or far below than that..

Thanks in Advance.

There is a minimum wage that employers are required to pay.
There may be a NZ govt website that can give you this information. 

For cost of living try www.numbeo.com
The cost of living will not vary much at all between say Gisborne and Palmerston North. 

As you are looking to study in NZ I think you may qualify for a student visa. 

As for question 2 I cannot help you as I no longer live in NZ.

Hi Stumpy,
Hope you doing good.I am kamala,I have 5 years experience on c#.net and sql server in a MNC company in india. my eoi got selected for applay PR WITH 140 POINTS,how many chances are there to get Direct PR ?or I may get conditional 9 months visa for job search?on what basis they will decide?

thanks for your help in advance

The decision rests entirely with the NZ immigration department.Anything I say may well be the opposite of what the department decides.

I have 6 years of experience in testing and looking for a short term course in IT in NZ...can someone please guide me on this

An online search will give you the information regarding courses.

You need to contact immigration to see if you qualify for a student visa. www.immigration.govt.nz

thnks stumpy....any idea on "working holiday schemes" ...i got the refrence from immigration website

Fruit and grape picking is one to look into

HOW IS JOB MARKET IN BANKING SECTOR..I HAVE PUT IN 15 RS IN BANKING AND CURRENTLY WORKIGN AS BRANCH MANAGER..IS JOB OFFER MANDATORY BEFORE WE APPLY FOR VISA OR CAN I GET MY VIS APROCESSED UNDER PR AND THEN LATER ON LOOK FOR A JOB..PLS GUIDE ACCORDINGLY

cpoorna

Check out the NZ government immigration website for all the relevant information you require.

Hi cpoorna,

Welcome to Expat.com.

It would be great if you could avoid posting with caps lock on the forum please so as to ease the reading.

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

hello friends i am dhazil from india.i need a any job in nz please help me.my mail id:[email protected]

hello i need a job in nz

To all of you on this forum who are looking for  work in NZ.

You will not find a job by placing a simple post on this site and expecting someone to offer you a position.  You have to be proactive and start looking at how and if you can get work in NZ.

There is a process you have to go through to get visa and then you can look for a job. NO VISA NO JOB.

Go online to the NZ Government Immigration website for all the information regarding whether you qualify for a visa and if so, what type of visa

There are skilled migration visas, working holiday visas, student visas.

Hi Greetings of the day!!!
sir I am Indian cuisine chef with 12+ experince in india ,Oman and Uganda to,I am extremely skilled at putting my own effort and contribution to create an authentic traditional indian curries such as korma, mukhni,tikkaa masala, jhalfraizi, kadhai, shahajahani, afgani, mughlai,lakhnowi,vindaloo,madras,pasanda,bhuna, dopiyaza,maharani, lababdar,kohlapuri,xacuti,sali,patrali,chattinard,pollichatu,patiyala,nilgiri,moli,malbari apart from that i confident in bengali, goan, south indian,maharashtraian,rajashthani,punjabi and noth indian mughlai cuisine and i know some continental, chinese, and modern fusion food with new ingredients, taste and flavour
I am efficient in food preparation with food safety and health and safety regulations. I am able to make staff roster and i control waste and food cost.etc
I am looking career and PR To nz.
Yours Truly,
subhash chandra
[email protected]
[Moderated: Please send numbers in private]

Subashi
Read my previous post just above your post.

Hey Gourav, Thanks for a detailed and informative reply to Simrat queries.
Please help to understand more on 'some affordable Fast track one in good PTE'
what is PTE ?
I am BE Comp sci and working in Indian IT MNC.
kindly suggest: some affordable Fast track in good PTE

gourav wrote:

Hey Simrat:

1. With your Exp. you have 2 options, either file PR under SMC and wait for atleast 2 years to get it approved. Most probably you will get WTR ( work to Residence ) visa to come here and search for job. Or come here on Study visa.
Getting job directly scores very rare chance

2. That depends on you, Exp doesn't guaranty for job.

3. Consultant is Right.

4. Yes indeed, Approach employers and if you are lucky like 1 in 1000 then you could.

5. Nothing special , it would be like any other foreign country and will need you to be prepared for normal things.

6. For a single person and from North India I reckon you need atleast $ 800 for you.. Rest is on you... At a time I lived around 500 bucks per month :p but now its more than 1500 though

7. 22 Punjabi hi Punjabi hege ney, Bandya di tention ni leni,,, you will get big Indian crowd here :D

Personally I will suggest you to come here on Study, don't wte money and time for any higher study at uni... Get some affordable Fast track one in good PTE ... You will cover up the money in 1 year only... else you will wait in India for 2 years to get direct PR application approved :)

lloydisaac wrote:

e2nz.org/2010/01/29/philippines-warns-citizens-about-nz-work-to-residence-scheme/

backpack-newzealand.com/nz/article3478.php

expatexposed.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34139

These are the sites.

i Also wanted to know the cost for the EOI, i tried it from the site directly and at the end it asked me to pay 510 $ NZ (24000 INR) when i found out at the embassy directly they said i have o pay 10,000 INR so which one is correct and why this difference.

Well that's all Bullshit. NZ is actively looking for skilled migrants and believe me they will be spending much more on you than your initial paltry visa fees.

If you are skilled and meets their criteria there is no way you will be denied. Anyways looking at your exp and skills you stand a very fair chance of direct PR.

Why not try in Canada ? They need even more skilled migrants than NZ.

Cheers

panacea6565 wrote:

Hey Gourav, Thanks for a detailed and informative reply to Simrat queries.
Please help to understand more on 'some affordable Fast track one in good PTE'
what is PTE ?
I am BE Comp sci and working in Indian IT MNC.
kindly suggest: some affordable Fast track in good PTE

gourav wrote:

Well PTE is "private technical establishment" , that means a autonomous private college probably in a small building or a floor only but approved by NZQA .

These PTE's are often much cheaper, have short terms courses, quite flexible with your work conditions and easy to pass :p but you have to be careful while choosing them as there are few dodgy ones as well.

Cheers

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

Though the below questions are common but just checking once again on how is work and life culture in NZ because I want to decide on applying the PR for New Zealand.

Who Am I? :cool:..
I am a Masters grad with 4+ years work exp. as System Admin(**it is listed under "Long term shortage list" as per NZ Govt immigration site). I have found few jobs in 'seek.co.nz' for my experience, so....

->How is pay scale range $$-$$$(if you know)?.

->Is the cost of living really that expensive in NZ.

->Do people(foreigners) with the New Zealand PR are finding jobs in IT/ICT?***.

->How is the job market in IT/ICT right now.

Thanks
Bharath Jakkani
live...let live...:cool::top:

->How is pay scale range $$-$$$(if you know)?:

For a System Admin with few years exp it would be 45k to 60k per   annum

->Is the cost of living really that expensive in NZ:

Not really Except Accommodation and if you mainly eat out

Its a bit easy to find JOB if you are PR or Citizen but don't take it as your VIP Ticket to job-market :p

->How is the job market in IT/ICT right now:

Its good and increasing day by day.

bharath_j wrote:

Who Am I? :cool:..
I am a Masters grad with 4+ years work exp. as System Admin(**it is listed under "Long term shortage list" as per NZ Govt immigration site). I have found few jobs in 'seek.co.nz' for my experience, so....

->How is pay scale range $$-$$$(if you know)?.

->Is the cost of living really that expensive in NZ.

->How is the job market in IT/ICT right now.

Thanks
Bharath Jakkani
live...let live...:cool::top:

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your valuable comments, I do agree that people with PR or citizenship will be consider first than an applicant from other countries as the VISA processing for any country is a headache :dumbom: and I know it personally while I was in USA :o.

That's why I am planning to apply for a PR --> get PR --> fly NZ --> search for a job before coming/once there. What you say about this?.

In few of the other posts I see members saying the job market was not that good...being said that those posts are going back to 2011,2012 year time. But I believe the job market is good at this moment rite?..

Thanks
Bharath Jakkani

Yes Job market is ok at the moment, I can assure you about IT atleast that it is growing. Must better than what it used to be 2 years back.

And regarding direct PR, keep applying for jobs side by side
contact Recruitment companies and who knows it might be fruitful in your case.

Hi Everyone,
I'm an indian resident. Most of the talk here has been regarding IT jobs. I'm an electrical engineer, any insights into fields i could consider after migrating?
Thanks

Hello Folks,
Hope you'll are doing well.
I'm from India originally, but i've been living in Canada since 5 years now. I applied for permanent residency along with my spouse (added her onto my application, although she's in India and works there) in Canada and my timeline to hear anything from immigration is almost due and I have not got any updates yet. Even though Im a positive thinker I always keep some room to accommodate any set backs :)
So thinking from a sceptical point of view, if I want to immigrate to NZ from Canada along with my spouse how long will the processing take?
I am a Business Analyst at a well known Canadian Bank and my spouse is a Physiotherapist for Paediatrics and Geriatrics in Bombay, India..
I've compared the living standards in NZ against Canada, and NZ is a tad cheaper than Canada. But housing prices in NZ is exorbitant and a whole pay check can vanish paying your rent eh!