Organic food - organic living

Hello Mauritius people :)

I will be visiting in November with my fiance, and can't wait!

We tend to lead a healthy lifestyle in general, eating organic food and using natural cleaning products for personal and household hygiene. My fiance has been working in the construction industry for over 30 years now, and uses bio-compatible, green products and materials in his job.

We are not freaks (can eat chips once in a while lol), but we would like to find out as much info about availability of organic foods and products in Mauritius.

Also, are there extensive cultivations using chemical pesticides or fertilizers? Just to know the areas to avoid when picking a place to live!

Thanks for now!

Astra

:)

I personally have my own garden and grow crops without use of pesticides and other chemicals. I don't personally know if these types of plantations are available in an industrial scale in Mauritius. On such large scale, you should employ pesticides unfortunately.

thanks!
I guess you get organic farming markets there?

or maybe we can buy off you? :)

hello! Glad to read this post! Someone is growing organic in Bamboos,opposite football grounds....otherwise...u can eat local veg,that grow naturally,guaranteed pure: jackfruit/ breadfruit/bananas [green] lots others....avoid nearly all veg...lots of poisons!!! also contact me on arrival...