Hello my name is Hayley if anyone could lend an ear and some advice?

Hello!

So looking for any advice possible..
I'm meant to be flying out from London to Phuket on the 20th October, arriving the 21st. I was going to be travelling with my partner. Unfortunately last night he ended the relationship and I have just over two weeks to get myself geared for coming alone. I've not really had any travel experience, I don't speak any Thai I have about £1,300 savings. I don't have a place lined up to live when I get to Phuket. I have an 120hour Tefl certificate and experience.

Is my journey doomed or will I be fine?

Total thanks for reading
Hayley Lowman

Hi  hayleylowman,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Your post was moved to the Phuket forum for better visibility and interaction.

Sorry to hear about your break up. :(

Please feel free to read the following articles which might surely help you to get prepared;

Work in Thailand

Visa in Thailand

Accommodation in Thailand

Please feel free to participate on the Phuket forum if you need nay help, or advices.

Best of luck, ;)

David.

Hey Hayley..

What are you plans for your stay. if i might ask ?
Some week/month relaxing, stay longer time, try find work or ??

And maybe tell what kind of standard for room, food and so on you need, want here. Think that make it a bit easy for people to try help out.

And maybe write where at Phuket you going to stay around.

Patong at Phuket cost so must more then other placer.
Where Phuket Town (city) cost only a little more.
This is from my trip to Phuket - Patong, other might think different.

One thing to remember if coming long time, that to read you health insurance and see how long it cover you aboard.
And if you didn't have any, get one before coming here.
Be 100% sure you are cover the whole time you here.

Only write this because i see to many "forget" it or donŽt care about it, onto the day somethings happened to them.

Other then that, i hope you have a great trip, lot of fun.

We lived in Phuket for 3 months. Your start up money should be OK. If you have a degree you should be fine to work at one of the bilingual schools. Check out ajarn.com for teaching postings. Sometimes you can setup a job over skype before arriving. One thing to keep in mind with Phuket is there is very little public transportation so you will probably have to rent a motorbike to get around. Let me know if you have more questions!

Hellow .My name is Michael..I come from England and have been here in Chiangmai Thailand for 9 years,Advising many people of all things regarding Thai ways...Please feel free to ask any questions you like if I can help.Regards Mike