Looking into moving to columbia

hello,
I may be moving to south america soon. Is there many jobs in Columbia? i am a mechanic buy trade? Any advice into looking for a job there. I do not speek much spanish. Thank u

I am moving to Bogota Colombia and I am looking for a nice inexpensive apartment which is less than 25 miles from El Dorado airport. If you know of someone please let me know asap.

Thanks a million.

deployed wrote:

hello,
I may be moving to south america soon. Is there many jobs in Columbia? i am a mechanic buy trade? Any advice into looking for a job there. I do not speek much spanish. Thank u

Firstable, let's start for spelling the name of the country where you want to move correctly: the name of the country is COLOMBIA no columbia.

what are you, a spelling teacher or something. Is that why you became a new member? To pick up on typos?

My first impression is that you'll be very hard-pressed to find work as a mechanic.  Well, hard-pressed to afford a life you may be accustomed to.

I advise being prepared to teach English, which is easy to do.  Getting certified will increase your chances of getting a good job teaching English.  Keep in mind the Colombian government limits tourist visits to 6 months / calendar year.  So if you plan on moving here, you'll need a work visa.

If you can develop your own business online, you can live comfortably here on much less than you would need wherever you're coming from.

I just lived in Colombia for a half year.  HMMM.  Not easy to earn money in Colombia.  I know this is something Gringos struggle with.  Very very few successful examples. 

Sorry this aint gonna be easy - labor is cheap and exploited

I m french with not a lot of money so i can t invert then i haven t got diplomas but i speak english french spanish portugues
a bit of arabic and russian i d many experience i m in argentina now and i don t know how to work there if it ll be possible ....
I ll go to colombia in 2 weekd so help me
thanks