USA engineer to Muscat

I just got an offer OMR 1500 base salary, OMR 1050 for housing allowance and OMR 250 for transportation. Last time I was working overseas (Libya) before the revolution I was making almost double from this offer.
my question is this enough to support a family with two kids age 8 and 5 to attend american school in Oman?
my second question is: I am not married to the mother of my kids. does Oman recognized partners or it is time to marry my partner?haha
what is the price of booze in Oman?

I will really appreciate your input to my questions

Cheers
Milan

Hi sinuhem,

So your total package is R.O. 2,800/-. This amount won't help you in educating your children at TAISM, besides covering all your other expenses. Have you looked at their website's Fee Schedule yet ? If not, better take a look for yourself.

Unless you produce an official, certified, and duly attested Marriage Certificate, your partner cannot enter the country as your spouse.

To buy liquor you would need a ‘Liquor Permit', issued by the Royal Oman Police. Prices range from R.O. 1/- to R.O. 500/- + per bottle, depending on what booze you choose. But the liquor permit will have a cap of only 10% of one's monthly income.

Good luck !