Looking for help: living in Boston

Hey guys!

I'm thinking of moving to Boston and I have I guess a few basic start up questions.
Any help you give me would be great thanks.
Which realtors are best for local housing as well as renting?
Which phone companies are best?
Which gyms are the best value for money?
What are the major Banks?
What is the best way to get around?
Anyone know where you can get the best deals on Currency Exchange?

Thanks again.

Bonjour Antoine,
je ne vis pas à Bosotn, mais à Storrs, dans le connecticut, si je peux te renseigner un peut..

Pour le telephone, ca dépend l'utilisation que tu en fait, c'est trés cher, donc le mieux est de prendre une compagnie comme magapc, ou autre qui fournissent des formules illimitées. Perso, j'ai juste pris un abonnement avec quelques minutes et textes illimitées (avec l'ipad pas besoin de téléphone).
Pour le logement, ca depend, mais il loue souvent des appartements dans des grandes maisons, ca peut être intéressant. Pour ce qui est du sport, ca depend un de ou tu habites et aussi, il est probable que tu en ai à ton université ou a ton travail, mais en règle generale, c'est moins cher qu'en France. Aprés, pour le reste tu peux joindre sur la messagerie,

bien à toi,

Which realtors are best for local housing as well as renting?

Check out ZILLOW...once you find your desired area, they will point you to agents who specialize in the area. Jeffrey Bowen does a lot with Chelsea, East Boston and Boston city

Which phone companies are best?
Cell phone or land line? ATT, Verizon are best. Stay away from Sprint (in my opinion)

Which gyms are the best value for money?
Planet Fitness has great deals $10.00 a month, but the gym has NO frills..NONE..no pool, no spa, no classes (yoga or spin) it is just a gym, treadmills, step, cross trainers, etc.

What are the major Banks?
CitiBanks are everywhere..Bank of America is okay but watch for fees. I would suggest a local bank, which would save you a lot of money on hidden fees. Try Eastern Bank or Citizens Bank.

What is the best way to get around?
Bus and Train.MBTA

Anyone know where you can get the best deals on Currency Exchange?
Seriously, at the Airports. The banks will most likely screw you.

Good luck

Thank you very much, i'm from Madrid, Spain, i'm looking to move to north Carolina or everywhere and your information help me.
Regards and good luck in your searching.

@Flybonet -> Thank you for these informations but as this is an Anglophone forum, can you please write in english so that everybody can understand? :)

-----------
Hello all, to note that this thread is dated 2010 (old one) . ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie