Been married under the special act ?

Please advise,  if anyone here has actually been married under the special act,  they require an intention to marry,  signed by both parties,, a little difficult if one is not in India and seems a long way to go just to sign a document??  How quickly does notification come through after submitting intention to marry, they say 30 days but is it 30 or more like 40, does anyone know please.. It is almost impossible to be in India for 60 days because of commitment to work, so how does one get married there?  please advise if you have experience of this. Thank you, Kind regards..

Hi earthlyelements,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic with your post on the India forum for more visibility.

All the best,
Christine
Expat.com

Hello. Both of you have to go to the registrar office, get the intent to get married and make an appointment "day" for the marriage itself. My husband an me got married in thane (mumbai) office, at first they said that the next appointment would be free in 3 months, but then we got one after 30days in the early morning. I dont know if it is the same procedure everywhere. If you have any other questions, dont hesitate to message me. Regards nicole