¡Hola Everyone

Well, guess since I signed in as a new member, I should be friendly and say HI!

Cynthia & I are moving (Retiring) to Panama from Colorado in 2015, we will be making our 2nd fact finding trip this December. (First was in Feb 2011). I noticed by reading the Forums, that two or three (or More) of our virtual internet friends are on here, so thought we should also wet our feet in the waters of this forum.

Not sure where we want to settle in Panama, Mountains, or Beach, but we are sure it is not the Big City. However, El Valle, Volcan, & Sora are on the mountain list. Haven't been to Sora, does anyone that's in this group live there, would love to get more info on that town?

Guess what is unusual about us, is we will be the first of a possible 3 couples in our family that will be making the move.
That's all for now

Hugo & Cynthia

2015 will be here before you know it. We too are planning to retire to Panama. Been there in 2009, 2010 and 2011 looking all around. At first we were trying to decide between beach or mountains , but have decide the mountains of Boquete is where we want to call home. We have drove from one end of the country to the other looking at all the towns. .  We plan on moving in 2016 . We first wanted to experience the Bahamas so moved here for a couple of years then it is off to the mountains.
Good luck on your search!!,

Definitely see you in 2015 there!  Ray (dear husband) wants to move our date up by six months (read this as mid-2014).  House goes up for sale March of next year, so if it sells by the summer, I guess we will have to head somewhere.  Glad to see you as part of this forum :)

hello, my wife and I are planning to visit Panama Jan. or Feb.2014
would like to see the country, and feel out if its right for us as a retirement destination. Any suggestions,

Get a map, rent a car, and drive. That's what we did in 2-2011, about 4 pm we stopped and looked for places to stay the night,  what really intrigued us, for such a small country, it was so diverse. Figured we would not get bored during retirement, exploring and seeing our new country. Very much like Terry & Clyde's blog.  Message to Allig, you move that soon, you better get a house with extra room for unexpected company...

Got the message loud and clear, Hugo :)  Will keep you posted!  Ray gets his fingerprints done this Monday (he is off work and it is the only day the courthouse does them), and I will go in September.  Another step working towards goal of Resid Visa!

Hola!  We did the same 'fact-finding' trip nearly 3 years ago.  After that, we began planning and now live in Boquete. 
We also went to the Sora area as we knew, being from Florida, that we did not want a hot climate.  Altos del Maria is beautiful and well-planned but we didn't find a 'sense of community' and it seemed far removed from a real town. We have not been to El Valle but heard it is beautiful and more of a weekend vacation location for the folks in PC.
We go to the beaches for a few days but really enjoy the mountains of Boquete.  There are so many things to do that we never get bored.  Everyone has their special place, you just have to find it.  Good luck.  If you're interested, I wrote about our journey here tombseekers.wordpress.com.

If 'beach' is a possibility, be sure to visit Pedasi on the Azuero peninsula. We live in a development called Costa Pedasi Beach Community. There are still lots available, and you may like this spot. If you visit,let me know when, and we can help you find your way around. For more information about the development go to costapedasi.com
My blog is at postcardsfrompanama.net

Iris