Australians..What did you forget to pack?

alling on any Aussies out there who might be able to give me the tip on what to include in my supplies from home...
Also what is cheaper to bring from home?
What can't you buy in Saudi? (apart from booze and Vegemite?)

Anyone else have any suggestions on what to bring with me?

Hope you all had a good day at work in Riyadh..

Guess your countrymen didn't forget anything LOL

As for me, it's the little odds and ends that I can never seem to find around here.  Of course, if you're with hubby and he's driving you around you'll be free to explore all the different stores and will find anything you want (although maybe not specific brands).

I'd bring in my own pet Kangaroo if I was you. These camels cant jump for peanuts....

hey there,

i used to bring honey with me coz the honey at Australia is very cheap.........

I think makeup is cheaper in the States, with a larger selection.

I just saw that I first posted this on the 22nd March thinking I would be in Riyadh around the 10th April...but no, I am still in the visa waiting room:(

My hubby returned today from his first visa run to Bahrain and was complaining about the 'ugly' taxi touting at the airport (a recent topic on this forum)

Australian honey...yes!!
Makeup.....packed (you're right Alliecat, I can buy my perfume here for $30 less than the Saudi store price)

Musicman, the 'roo may have to wait till my next trip home:P

Ioanna

I went a bit over board and brought a bunch of stuff from home that I was partial to...  Large bottles of the shampoo & conditioner, Mary Kay make up, hair spray, nail polish, Costco tuna packed in water (its all in oil over here), carmel corn, seasoned pepper, Seasoned Rice vinegar, Tampex, Bounty paper towels, candy, bed linen, and a ton of other things...  And I go back to the states to restock every few months!  :lol::lol::lol:

so true about the bed linens... all I was able to find around here was 180 thread count!  Well, the upside was that it was like a loofa on your body all night haha

Anyway, picked up 700 thread count my last time home and it's luxury every time I lie down. 

The thing is, you've got to have the small things here that make you feel 'good' .. because God knows you won't have the BIG things LOL  ohhhhhh.. I'm joking!! (kind of :P)

Peanut butter, here they only have the American sort which is super sweet.

Alethe wrote:

Peanut butter, here they only have the American sort which is super sweet.

You'll find "unsweet" pb at Tamimi's.

I don't stock up from the USA (my home country) any more.  I live in Thailand and stock up from there; curry packets, seasonings and anti-perspirant.

For Aussies, probably just Vegemite.  Can't think of anything else you might need that you can't find fairly easily here.

one thing...vegamite :D