Family moving to cancun or south mexico help please

Hello

My Name is James. Im an expat in my late 20's originally from Las Vegas NV, who has been living throughout Europe for nearly 10 years now.

I'm married to an Austrian and we have a trilingual 6 year old daughter who's currently enrolled in school in Seville Spain.

We intend to begin the process of moving to Cancun (or somewhere else in the yucatan region) within the next 3 months. We are still looking for a bit more information before we come over on a month scouting mission for housing, schools etc. as we are still deciding on the exact place to move to in Mexico.
This actually brings me to why im posting.

Im looking for infromation on the school system and housing in Cancun (or another city on the peninsula)?

Can anyone recommend any cost effective schools in the area?
How close to EU or US standards are they?

Where are the nicer and less touristy and perhaps less expensive areas to live in or around Cancun? We would really love to be close to the beach, but don't want to have to give up a bigger city for a small town.

And as far is living accommodation goes we are looking for a min. of 3 bd, 100m2 or larger (living space) house or appartment, ideally near the or on the beach and near schools for around 600 euros (10.000 mxn)rent per month for housing cost only. Is this realistic or are we completely off with our housing budget?
Looking forward to your responses, thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
James

Cancun ? If you truly don't want major tourism, and tourist prices skip Cancun. Progreso is also another you should skip especially since the cruse ships started docking and dumping there. There is no beach, but you might like Merida or places further up the coast.

I understand the education is more liberal in that it involves many areas of study and more parochial in class management. You might want to check out an on line magazine called Yucatan living . There is a lot of information there.

Hi James,

Welcome to Expat-Blog smile

Your post is now on the Cancun Forum for better interaction and quicker response wink

I suggest you post an advert in the Housing in Cancun section please. As it might be helpful smile

I hope you get some more feedback regarding the school system and on the cost effective schools in the area soon smile

Best wishes to you and your family

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

thank you guys so much for the information.
we are looking through yucatan living and checking out the different schools online now but are still having issues finding lists of schools for different regions.

we are strongly leaning towards playa de carmen although we are still gathering information and are open to suggestions.

greetings from sevilla