Hi new here on blog

Hi my names Michelle , looking to move to Gibraltar. Was born in Gibraltar in 1962 dad was in the navy. looking to work and live in Gibraltar. I have 35 years experience working in a pharmacy as an A.C.T checking technician could any one point me in the right direction please as how to go about getting a job and a house. thanks  MICHELLE.

Hi Michelle

House is easy you just need money :)

propertygibraltar.com/

Job , there are many pharmacy's in gib but I have no idea what an A.C.T checking technician ?

gibyellow.gi/search-results.php?search_term=PHARMACIES+%26+CHEMISTS&search_type=business&search=search

Also Morrisons have a pharmacy

morrisons.co.uk/store-finder/Store-Details/?recordid=452

Best of luck

Grumpy

thanks grumpy. An act is a     Accredited Checking Pharmacy Technician  also NVQ 3 trained .Thank you for your help.  i will have a look . Thanks Michelle.

Your best bet is probably to have a quick visit and put in a CV/chat to them all.  Shouldn't take long as with the exception of Morrisons they are all down Main Street.  A new one has just opened at our (south) end of Main Street so don't know how they are for staff.  The others are all part of the same firm I think, maybe three?  No idea of pharmacies outside of Main Street and Morries.

Your other option of course is St Bernards, the hospital. I assume they have a pharmacy department!  Possibly Mount Alvernia too (old peoples home) or KGV (mental health).  There is also a hospital at the military base at Devil's Tower.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Are you planning to rent or buy? 

Legit rentals start from around £600 (if you are lucky) a month, more likely £700, and properties to buy, ie a one bed flat, from £120 odd.  Both Worlds (East side) and Ocean Heights come in cheaper, sometimes under £100K.  Ocean Heights is convenient for town, BW isn't.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this. this is very help full. thanks again  Michelle.

Hello everyone, im Joy,

Im a Complimentary & Holistic Therapist as well as a creative hairdresser & Reiki Master.
I am looking to move within the next year. Does anyone know how the holistic approach to healing has taken off in Gibraltar and what the job prospects are related to this career area.

I look forward to hearing from you & for time .