Excess baggage and customs clearance at Bangalore

Hi there

I am soon joining my husband in Bangalore. I am going to send a small carton of luggage via Excess Baggage - so it will arrive without me, if that makes sense. I then have to pick it up at the airport.

Does anyone know what the customs clearance is like at Bangalore airport for excess baggage? Will I be charged? What kind of costs am I looking at? Is the process a (relatively) smooth one? Is there a specific office within the airport?

The items will be books, a wetsuit, some of my daughter's toys and some clothes - nothing expensive or unusual.

Thanks for your help  :)

Haha well good there's nothing unusual! :)

Excess baggage costs may apply but nothing "that" major, considering the costs you would incur as part of the relocation. I have done this in the past but I had a lot of musical equipment so it was a little high for me, but nothing that caused any financial damage. Since you're carrying non electronic stuff, you should be ok.

I could be of further assistance if I knew where you are moving from and how many kilograms of baggage you're sending over. Feel free to private message me if you're uncomfortable sharing this in public.

Hope you guys have a smooth relocation! It sucks! (usually) :)