Political situation in Bahrain

I am a doctor based in India.I have been offered a job in Bahrain in King Hamad University Hospital.Hoe is the hospital like.I am also little concerned about political situation in Bahrain as some of my friends have told me situation is not good .I am looking forward to a sincere advice

Sumat wrote:

I am a doctor based in India.I have been offered a job in Bahrain in King Hamad University Hospital.Hoe is the hospital like.I am also little concerned about political situation in Bahrain as some of my friends have told me situation is not good .I am looking forward to a sincere advice

Hi Sumat and welcome to the forum.

We have written a guide to Bahrain that may help you here

The hospital is amazing and one of the newest and best in Bahrain, you should be honoured to get a job offer there as they only employ the best.

The political situation here is the same as it has been since 2011. There are demonstrations, tyre burning and molotovs being thrown but they tend to stick to certain areas - stay away from those areas and you will be fine. I've been here quite a while and have not suffered from the situation at all.

If you do decide to take the job then negotiate like crazy, never accept the first offer. Ask here and read the guide first if you are unsure of anything.

Thanks for your prompt reply and help.Cheers

Hello Dr. Sumat. You will like working at King Hamad University Hospital. Great location with a view of the sea all around literally :) It is administered by the military and from what I have heard is well run.

Dont worry about the "problems". We are hardly affected by them and even if we are, its generally a traffic jam of about 30minutes and then all is cleared. More of a nuisance than anything else. It would become an issue only if you were to live or go to restive villages. Over time those living in such areas get used to the disruptions and inconveniences.

Best wishes!

Hello Sumat.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Bahrain forum for more visibility.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks a lot,

I am really thankful for your advice.Plan to move to Bahrain in mid July

Its in Ramadan. Things may be a bit slow here. And its also the peak of summer. Come prepared to face temperatures close to 50 degrees Celcius. :)

Best wishes. I am sure you will like it here in Bahrain.