Acupuncture/Chiropractor

Hi Folks,

I'll be moving to Al Ahsa/Al Hofuf in August to teach English. They are housing us at the Al Nada Compound. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

Also, I wanted to inquire whether you know if I can find an acupuncturist and a chiropractor in the area?

Thank you!
Ruth

well, wellcom aboard and hope you will like and get along with it
as far as the accomodation in compound means you are ok with cuz u may find the life within it  much better than living outside as social life for ya ,and regarding acupuncturist am here for 2 months and working in medical educator in the area never came across such thing but you may find it in Khobar or Dammam which is 150 km away again enjoy and have fun

Thank you, Mukh

you welc and things are setteled the only thing u will notice is
women here wears so called black Abaya which all women have to wear whenever they go out other than this things are managable

@mukh  but her question is about an accupuncturist or chiropractor.  Do you know of any?

I suggest calling around to some of the larger hospitals/clinics and asking.  I know there are a few chiropractors in Riyadh (not many).

Yes, I am very much familiar with the Middle Eastern world as I have studied it and I used to teach English to Saudi Male students here in the US. So, I've learned many things from them. Thanks! I'll be there in August.

Thanks,Alliecat!

I'll call around when I get to KSA and inquire about it from the hospitals/clinics.

hi there Alli as i said am in medical field and didnt come across it but am suggesting there might be in Khobar or Dammam as its bigger cities

Alliecat wrote:

@mukh  but her question is about an accupuncturist or chiropractor.  Do you know of any?

I suggest calling around to some of the larger hospitals/clinics and asking.  I know there are a few chiropractors in Riyadh (not many).

mukh wrote:

hi there Alli as i said am in medical field and didnt come across it but am suggesting there might be in Khobar or Dammam as its bigger cities

wow, 150 km? Quite a trip for a visit to a chiropractor but I know they're not real common in KSA, even in the big cities.

:/ well i assume 150 KM is not that much if you looking for something you need i know alot people do go to bahrain in thier weekends so you may rethink of the distance

Alliecat wrote:
mukh wrote:

wow, 150 km? Quite a trip for a visit to a chiropractor but I know they're not real common in KSA, even in the big cities.

Well here's the thing with chiropractors/accupuncture, it's not a one-time thing.  Often you have to go several times a week to begin, then once a week for a while, then every two weeks, etc. (you get the picture).  And once you get there, the procedures take less than an hour!

When you visit Bahrain, you stay for the weekend :cheers:

i know the procedure its apit annoying for some one to travell all the way for it but if u in need then u have to go thru it ,
And for bahrain isnt far once u are in  khobar less than hour(30KM) u will be in there so no big deal , its depends on u some stay for the weekend n some spends hours then head back :cheers:

I'm in Riyadh--so it's stay the weekend :)  For her, though, easy to make day trips.  I am envious!!

dont be ,i heard though you guys in riyadh got every thing u possibly want in your lil compounds so u shouldent be complaining

Alliecat wrote:

I'm in Riyadh--so it's stay the weekend :)  For her, though, easy to make day trips.  I am envious!!

mukh wrote:

dont be ,i heard though you guys in riyadh got every thing u possibly want in your lil compounds so u shouldent be complaining

Alliecat wrote:

But I'm not in one of those compounds so I'm allowed to be complaining!

then my friend get your annual leave and bounce back to the states
or holla at Bahrain for the weekend to get yourself together ;)

Alliecat wrote:
mukh wrote:

Alliecat wrote:

But I'm not in one of those compounds so I'm allowed to be complaining!