Proof of outward bound ticket????.

A few questions about staying 9 months in Belize. Arrival from the U.S. on a buddy pass from an airline pass system. Recommendations about showing an outward bound ticket would be appreciated. Also have spent time in Nicaragua and Panama and have had no problems in renewing our passports whether it was leaving for 3 days or paying a fee. Is it realistic to think we can just go to an office and pay $25 U.S. per person and have an extension of another 30 days? Do we need to show an exit ticket each time this is done. Thank you in advance for all info.

For our first year living on Ambergris Caye my wife and I renewed our Visas just presenting our passports. (and paying the fee of course) and not once were asked to show a return ticket.

you will need to show proof of income or assets.  can use an atm receipt.    obviously your passport.   tell them where you are living and prove it with a receipt whether it is from a rental or hotel or a home you own.  I found them to be helpful and pleasant.
No one asked me for an an airline ticket out, even tho I had one.

Thank you for your reply. This info will help.