Hi :)

hi, im newbi here, just called me rasty, i just love to share everything about Jakarta (esp for mid level :) )..lets sharing info :)

cheers :)

hello Rasty and welcome on board:)

enjoy

Hi Rasty, whats mid level?

lukereg wrote:

Hi Rasty, whats mid level?

i mean,info for low end budget,,so many cozy place but expensive here, maybe i could share info for another alternative cozy place but not to pricey :D..

Oh so your an estate agent selling property. Nothing like being upfront and honest with your intentions.

No,im a secretary,hahaha..im living in east jakarta area, whic have so many delicious (local) restorants and cozy place to hang out, and i think that the expats who live in jakarta, should try it :D ..

i love traveling, so when i travel to other place/country, i expect to try some local (delicious) food / place that suits my purse,and not everyone have loaded money when they stay outside their country,that is my point, if you have questions where to go to find anything you need in a normal price here, i maybe can help you with sharing my info :)

rastyy wrote:

No,im a secretary,hahaha..im living in east jakarta area, whic have so many delicious (local) restorants and cozy place to hang out, and i think that the expats who live in jakarta, should try it :D ..

i love traveling, so when i travel to other place/country, i expect to try some local (delicious) food / place that suits my purse,and not everyone have loaded money when they stay outside their country,that is my point, if you have questions where to go to find anything you need in a normal price here, i maybe can help you with sharing my info :)

Halo Rasty,

Welcome to EB :)
that's nice of you to share cozy cheap places,
Would you share to us, where are those places, what kinds culinary?
:) maybe we can go together to those places someday.

Debby.

dbee_curly wrote:

Welcome to EB :)
that's nice of you to share cozy cheap places,
Would you share to us, where are those places, what kinds culinary?
:) maybe we can go together to those places someday.

Debby.

hi debby :)

the list are soooo long..hehehe..many of them chinese,european,american culinary,,but mostly traditional food of course. the location is around Rawamangun and Kelapa Gading area (outside Mall Kelapa Gading), fyi, Mall Kelapa Gading held Gading Food Festival every year (maybe twice a year).

rastyy wrote:

hi debby :)

the list are soooo long..hehehe..many of them chinese,european,american culinary,,but mostly traditional food of course. the location is around Rawamangun and Kelapa Gading area (outside Mall Kelapa Gading), fyi, Mall Kelapa Gading held Gading Food Festival every year (maybe twice a year).

Cool!
So any info of Gading Food Festival for this year?
When will be held?
I heard about martabak in Rawamangun that is so famous but idk what is the name, where is that exactly the place.
Maybe you could help me? :)
Thanks.

i think after the fasting month,,i usually go there around weekend, i'll inform latter :D..

ouch, Martabak Favorite, the location is in front of Dunkin Donuts Rawamangun (the location is near the Persahabatan Hospital), you can google map it,
if you like meatball, so you must try "Apotik Rini's Meatball)..hahaha, so many delicious food in Ramamangun Area (Satay Padang Ajo, Bebek Kaleyo, Bebek Slamet, etc)

if you are non muslim and eat pork, you should try Lapo Siantar(bataknese culinary), they are so famous with their Saksang. I went to North Sumatra last month, i eat the original Saksang there, oh, i gain weight about 4kg just in 4 days..very very very delicious if we compare with the Lapo here.

btw, how about PRJ (Pekan Raya Jakarta), anyone know about this?..
I went to PRJ last night, and bought lot of things in cheap price. ME HAPPY :D:D:D

rastyy wrote:

i think after the fasting month,,i usually go there around weekend, i'll inform latter :D..

ouch, Martabak Favorite, the location is in front of Dunkin Donuts Rawamangun (the location is near the Persahabatan Hospital), you can google map it,
if you like meatball, so you must try "Apotik Rini's Meatball)..hahaha, so many delicious food in Ramamangun Area (Satay Padang Ajo, Bebek Kaleyo, Bebek Slamet, etc)

if you are non muslim and eat pork, you should try Lapo Siantar(bataknese culinary), they are so famous with their Saksang. I went to North Sumatra last month, i eat the original Saksang there, oh, i gain weight about 4kg just in 4 days..very very very delicious if we compare with the Lapo here.

I went to PRJ last night, and bought lot of things in cheap price. ME HAPPY :D:D:D

Aww!!
Noted. Thanks so much for the info. I'll pm you to take me to those places. Haha..

dbee_curly wrote:
rastyy wrote:

Aww!!
Noted. Thanks so much for the info. I'll pm you to take me to those places. Haha..

my pleasure :)

Its good to share informations with others. Welcome to the forum. I am a food blogger myself , maybe you can share with me places in Jakarta where I can find tasty Indonesian cuisine, not only the famous ones.

Sophie Fisher wrote:

Its good to share informations with others. Welcome to the forum. I am a food blogger myself , maybe you can share with me places in Jakarta where I can find tasty Indonesian cuisine, not only the famous ones.

hi Sophie,

there are so many tasty Indonesian cuisine, from javanese,bataknese,manadonese,and so on (since there are so many tribes in Indo,so in every tribe, they have their own original food). Just tell me what kind of food do you want to know and try, i'll be very happy to take you there :D

have you ever try 'Asinan'? the famous one in Rawamangun is Asinan Kemboja. It is Betawi's traditional food. Betawi is the original tribe in Jakarta.

fasting month will start on 9 or 10 July until 8 august, it means, will be a lot of Indo cuisine in Jakarta's street.

Hi rasty do you live around kelapa gading area?? I live in Rawamangun hahaha yeah I know preety cheap and cozy place. But tebet also have lots of cheap and preety good culinary I guess. maybe we should meet sometime haha I havent tried Asinan Kemboja yet LOL

Alex306 wrote:

Hi rasty do you live around kelapa gading area?? I live in Rawamangun hahaha yeah I know preety cheap and cozy place. But tebet also have lots of cheap and preety good culinary I guess. maybe we should meet sometime haha I havent tried Asinan Kemboja yet LOL

I live in rawamangun area. Yeah, tebet also hv lots of cheap culinary, but the taste not really good heheheheh. Oh,you should try if u like asinan. Dunkin is good place to chatting n meeting since sevel toooooo crowded with teens.

Dunkin Donuts you meaned? hahaha yeah seems a nice place for meeting...let me know :)

Alex306 wrote:

Dunkin Donuts you meaned? hahaha yeah seems a nice place for meeting...let me know :)

Iya...ok, i'll let u knw if i go there..

rastyy wrote:

.... i expect to try some local (delicious) food / place that suits my purse....

Oh...c'mon... are you trying to tell us, that javanese food is actually delicious, aren't you?! :D

Dworza wrote:
rastyy wrote:

.... i expect to try some local (delicious) food / place that suits my purse....

Oh...c'mon... are you trying to tell us, that javanese food is actually delicious, aren't you?! :D

Not only javanese food i mean..manadonese,bataknese,chinese food,etc, all really2 tasty..my recommendation is not in the fancy resto, but tasty :)

rastyy wrote:

Not only javanese food i mean..manadonese,bataknese,chinese food,etc, all really2 tasty..my recommendation is not in the fancy resto, but tasty :)

I got it...Nevertheless I only wanted to say, that I don't consider nashi goreng, mie goreng, bakso, sote ayam, soto and other traditional javanese food as delicious...ok they're eatable but after a while you just start longing for "normal" food ;):D