Franchises for investment in Philippines

I am trying to deccide which presale condo unit to buy.
My intent is to sell asap.
  So, naturally I want to turn the most profit.
And, of course, I want it sell fast.
1) Do I buy a studio or a 1 bedroom?
2) Do I buy higher floor assuming more profit or cater to the lower price buyer assuming quicker turnover?

Hello fredipuppy.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Philippines Forum for more  interaction. 

I think that having a closer look at this article might bring useful informations:

invest in Philippine

Thank you
Karen :)

No wonder I cannot get a response,
someone moved my question to franchises.
I just want to buy a condo for quick resale.

The resale condo market is really very slow. Only the premium units seem to sell.

There are way too many studio/1 br units that are under development by Megaworld, so no need to buy a preowned unit when can get a presale one for cheaper.

You can not buy and flip a condo or anything fro a profit
if you could, everyone would do it

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

jimdpeterson wrote:

You can not buy and flip a condo or anything fro a profit
if you could, everyone would do it

You got it 100% right...The condo market is in a bubble and beware of those who promise you the world in property ownership...Their only interest is to line their own pockets with convincing you to buy  the stuff which is hard to sell or with properties with red flags all over them...The good stuff they buy for themselves to turn their own profits...Unless you want to trap yourself into buying one and live in it the rest of your life then buy it..You more likely than not will have no chance of turning a profit once you do sell unless you were fortunate enough to get the choice units with decent views...

I myself went on condo excursions and what a nightmare...Could never get straight answers on any questions regarding the properties; like association fees, parking fees, guard fees, the nickel dime lists go on and on...Decided the best thing to do is get the cheap rent on the ones people are stuck with and unable to sell..

When the bubble does finally burst then that may be the time to buy...Foreclosures will be everywhere...Even the banks wont be able to hold on to all the choice properties...Look at Korea; their condo market is so inflated it cost $500 to $700K just to buy a 70 sqm 2 bed condo(insanity when you consider depreciation)...Their whole economy is in a huge bubble...When it crashes how many people will be in the streets...Already happened in the good ole US of A...

Not sure what your trying to say.

Foreigner can only buy in a condo complex if 60% of units are owned by locals.  Yes, someone can make profit if they can find a buyer to pay more than what he/she paid for it.  But there is a surplus of units on the market, especially low end (<4mm), so until the supply is absorbed, will be holding the unit for a long time. If borrowed funds to buy, then will need to rent above market cap. Its tough unless in a higher end market.

In Destin?
Why are Singaporeans and Hong Kongers buying up
mass quantities of presale Manila condos?

I really  do not like to agree with vetreat 

but  there is a bubble here in the real estate end of the market

if u are even considering buying a unit now when all the warning signs are for a huge bubble burst  then do so   your money after all

Thatawesomeguy wrote:

I really  do not like to agree with vetreat 

but  there is a bubble here in the real estate end of the market

if u are even considering buying a unit now when all the warning signs are for a huge bubble burst  then do so   your money after all

Thanks for Agreeing...I even agree on some of your views..

fredipuppy wrote:

In Destin?
Why are Singaporeans and Hong Kongers buying up
mass quantities of presale Manila condos?

It don't make sense Singaporeans would want to invest here when the their Singapore dollar is so strong; unless they feel it is going to take a dive in the near future which highly doubt...

[moderated: no free ads please register your company in the business directory]

sir i couldnt sendbu message ur inbox is full.

Moderated by Priscilla
Reason : For security reasons, thank you for not posting your phone number on the forum

@ neneth > Just to inform you that this thread is really very old. (2013)

How can we help you please?

Thanks

Priscilla

Why do you wish to send a private message?
Please state what you have to say here in the forum.

because they do not realize it is the top of the bubble there
cycles are normal in investing

@Prescilla...yes i know, im trying to send message for mr. jimdpeterson because his inbox  is full i couldnt send him my reply...this is the only way to get in touch with him.

thank you Prescilla :)

do not lose your money - flipping does not work

I have watched these real estate cycles for many years

wait until it is time for the real closing --- then buy it for a discount from the greedy guy who thought he could sell it at a premium

my inbox should be ok now

Hi Good morning everyone am looking for a job as a housekeeper or house helper i can cook western and filipino food,,i can be all around too,,am available anytime,,thank you