Friends for 9 year old boy..?

Hi, I'm moving to Msida in two weeks w/ my son and I'd like to know what is to best place to find new friends in this age? Where they are hanging around?
Otherwise we will have long and boring summer..

We are originally Finnish but my son speaks english also :)

Thanks in advance.

Could try to find a 'summer school' in your area. Need to be quick to enrol though as they fill up fast and start in a few weeks.

Yes, summerschool IS a good option but.. my son doesn't wanna spend his summer vacation at school even though it's not a real school..

Some summer schools are mainly just sports. Not like school at all. If you join a local summer school or school that he will attend, may really help to make friends ready for school.
Could try Neptunes pool? Maybe the skateboard park? Join a martial arts class (although most are closed for summer)? Join a football team? May find stuff going on at the National Pool or Marsa Sports Club.
These are all ideas from the top of my head as I have young daughters and I dont know any 9 year old boys.
I know a 9 year old girl, but thats probably not much help.

Lifting this topic a bit..
We are moving to Ibragg 1st of September so if some one here is living that area (Ibragg/Swieqi) drop me a message :)
I already heard that there is a football nursery in Luxol but what about kids who don't like playing football, any friends for them?:rolleyes:
I can notice my son start to be a bit frustrated coz he hasn't found any friends yet and we are having arguments of small things but if I put my 'be positive'-glasses on, it's only
8 weeks before schools starts :D

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

Hey,this sounds goods :)

Could you please send me more details, please? I visited that facebook site but I need more information where this will be etc..

Thanks in advance :)

ps.noticed there will be classes also for women..? I might be interested as well ;)

[Moderated: no free ads on the forum pls]

If you could send me private message then ;) Thanks

Please let me know if he is into minecraft. If my son can hook up with a like minded boy I am sure it would ease the panic about moving to Malta. He is 9 1/2yrs

@alired : This thread here has been inactive since 2013  :whistle: