Searching for land

Hello reader,

I am in search for a piece of land in Southern Greece and Islands.
A few hectares in seize (3-10 hec.), rural area, drought is ok. No electricity connection is required, a river close by is welcome. Including the possibility to build own house and "rehabilitate" the nature to a green oase supported by a team of experts on this subject > future living in abundance in balance with nature and human wishes. (No hippie-culture is writing you)

Who can advice me links and contacts that could be of help in search of land?

Thanks for your support.
Looking forward hearing from you.

I own an acre of land in SW Peloponnese, which is southmost mainland Greece, which I am offering for sale. My neighbour is also selling his acre of land. There is a further acre in the near vicinity.

You can read more details and see photos in a slideshow on my personal website:
anastasias-koroni-greece.co.uk

Under the menu title House Plots and click on Self Sufficient Land.

This shows my land and my neighbour's land.

The further plot of land is from my House Plots page and is listed under No 13 Tsapi.

There are no houses built immediately around the plots but they are only a moment's drive down from the main road.

There is no electricity or water connections and they would need to be brought down to the land. But of course, the brilliant sunshine of Greece offers Solar power and there is always the option on so much land of seeking and finding a well. There is a well on land opposite mine so the groundwater aquifier might extend down to me that is down the gentle slope to me. The land will be well drained as they are terraced land with mature trees to secure the slopes from erosion.

Kalamata's county of Messinia is famed as an agriculturally fertile area, with the best olives in Greece. My land holds 90 mature olive trees.

My neighbour's land is mostly clear of trees and so lends itself to your vegetable and fruit garden and for building upon.

My friend where I stay for holiday rooms in Koroni Greece is a well respected local Greek builder that offers you full support in the bureaucracy in buying, building and after sales support in living. He is a local farmer so you have that assistance as well. Full no stress support. You also have me, of course, who has an English dad and Greek mum.

The land must be organic because of the variety of wildlife that enjoys the area. The varied flora also shows an abundance of wilderness.

I was worried about my olive trees being chopped down to make way for a house on my land but as early retirement has curtailed any scope for me to build a house on my land, I wanted the land to have some use to enjoy the fantastic sea views and quiet tranquil privacy in a rural idyll.

Hope my offer can be of assistance to you. Please contact me through my website. I will be in Koroni from 26 May for a couple of weeks into June. My website has a Flights and Travel page and Flights to Kalamata page to aid your travel to this beautiful hidden region of Greece.

See you soon. By the way, ich sprache Deutsch and Mr Kapiniaris spricht sehr gutes Deutsch. Weiderhoeren.

Thank you for your quick reply. I will check out your website and come back to you when further interest is there.

With warm regards!

Dear Berlin

Guten Tag Herr.
I have been in further contact with my friend and he does have a farmland that is 12,000m2 (3 acres) together, for a very reasonable sum altogether as it is far away from electricity and water connections, which you stated were not important to you.

My website is my personal web page and not a professional page of anyone. I do the website to sell my own land and as a personal favour to my friend (free of charge and commission), who is a builder and local farmer who provides a full support in pre, sales and post sales life in Greece.

Timber buildings are not usual in Greece, but good wood can be sourced cheaply from Russia.

It is just as cheap to build in concrete, brick and stone flagging in this earthquake prone area from which problem is not really yours as you would be on solid rock mountain beneath your fertile soil.

Be aware that farmers who sell in local markets will now have to give receipts for sales and be within the tax declaration in Greece, when you do sell by the roadside your produce.

The new tax on buying land is 8% on the first 20,000 Euros and 10% of the rest and the FPA (sales tax) for legal work (for which you must receive a receipt) is 21%. The legal work is usually only 1-2% in total for their work (Lawyer/Public Notary). I heard this today on the Greek news. Bear in mind you will be obliged to pay for translation as all formal documents are of course in Greek in Greece to be legally in the Land Registry. That is a small fee.

The price offered is 50,000 Euros for the 12,000m2 so most of this amount is only part of the low tax threshold for you. It is well below the threshold for the annual property tax announced and you can keep your home/buildings below 80m2 to also keep out of that.

Please contact me through my website
anastasias-koroni-greece.co.uk

which now has an introduction pictures page to give an initial picture of Koroni and its area, my land and the holiday rental property offered. Mr Kapiniaris Rooms are available Easter, booked for June and available from and including Sunday 11 July 2010. Contact me through my website.

Have you looked at land for sale in Messinia. These plots may suit you.

Plot Type:  Orange Grove.           
Plot Size: 11,770.50 sq.m.
Views: counrtyside & mountains
Full details: claires-messinian-properties.com/plot47.html
Plot Type:  plot of land.           
Plot Size:  25,000 sq.m. (Aprox.)
Views: counrtyside.
Full details: claires-messinian-properties.com/plot46.html

Both these plot have small rivers next to them. I hope this helps you.

Regards
Claire

Hi,

could you please post in the Greece classifieds? Thanks