On Business Visit - Call family

Hi,

I came to Riyadh in May on a 6 month multiple entry business visit visa from UK as Project Manager. My company only sent the visa under my name. Since, I have come here, they have told me that they cannot submit application for new work visa until 3rd July due to the labour ministry not taken on new visas until then because of it being busy with sorting out current messed up iqamas.

I have read on the net that family can come on business visit visa also. Is this true? Can I ask my company and will they be able to get my family here on the business visit visa now that I am already here if I am willing to go back to UK to accompany them here.

Thanks,

Adeel

Yes, they are right. I know of many companies who have put their recruitments on hold for the same reason.

Your understanding in the second para is also correct. That's the speediest and most cost effective solution; rather the only possible option in a situation like yours.

Thanks for your reply.

Can they still apply for my family to come on business visit visa even though I am already here on one? Will they have to apply for a new business visit visa for me also along with my family?

I am asking these questions as my company was unaware that they could also have invited my family over along with me on business visit visa. So, I want to tell them the process so they can just get it done.

They'll have to apply for business visit visa for each family member. The visa attribute of your wife would look like 'accompanying wife' etc. Your presence in ksa doesn't matter (but I'm not sure honestly).

You would need to come together.

By that I mean if you want to bring your family on visit visa while you are also on a visit visa - you all need to come together at the same time. So if you are here you need to go back with a new visa for you and your family issued together and then come back on that.

Thanks for your reply HRGuru and TheLegendLeads.

I told my company the above information, but they said that as far as they know it can't be done since according to them I am the sponsor and don't have permanent visa. They asked me that if I know anyone who had done this legally and can call them to explain how this is to be done (I assume the process).

Are any of you knowledgeable enough and willing to speak to my manager at the company and explain how to arrange the business visit visa for the family or know someone who can do explain this to him?

Thanks again. My number if you wish to speak about this to me: 0551567175.

AbuIsa123 wrote:

Thanks for your reply HRGuru and TheLegendLeads.

I told my company the above information, but they said that as far as they know it can't be done since according to them I am the sponsor and don't have permanent visa. They asked me that if I know anyone who had done this legally and can call them to explain how this is to be done (I assume the process).

Are any of you knowledgeable enough and willing to speak to my manager at the company and explain how to arrange the business visit visa for the family or know someone who can do explain this to him?

Thanks again. My number if you wish to speak about this to me: 0551567175.

Inform your manager that he is right in the case of permanent visa, you are the sponsor. While on visit visa the company will be the sponsor for you and family. Its very rare that people bring family at the first time, normally they come see the place first, see your fit and family's fit and then bring the family. Also depends on from where you are coming for the whole thing to work, its easier for westerners than Asians.

Thanks HRGuru. I am a Dutch national, born in Netherlands and lived most of my life in UK, worked across benelux region. However, if you are referring to origin, then my parents are from Pakistan.

Go for it then and lets hope this works out for you.