Need advice!

Hello,

My friend and I are planning to come and visit Budapest from May, the 13th to May, the 16th. We stay three nights and we would like to know where to go to have fun! (I am not talking about striptease club)

What are the trendiest club of the city?
What is the most popular place/pub/club?
What are the club where studients like to go out?
Where to listen live music?
Do Budapest people go out on thursday night or only during the week-end?
Is it easy to find taxi cab to come back at home?

Many thanks.

All the best!

Hi!

No idea about nightlife.

Always call cabs by phone, never hail them on the street. Probably this thing alone makes it worth to get a pre-paid GSM card assuming you have a GSM capable cell phone.

15th of March is a national holiday, should provide entertaining :-)
You'll probably get warnings about nationalist protesters, and you can't be too careful of course, but IMHO the only people you should avoid during celebrations/demonstrations are the same people you would avoid after sports events or biker's pubs.

Nobody minds tourists, really.

Hi Paco31 and welcome to Budapest. I do not know about clubs,but I can tell you that people are going to clubs even Thursday night,not only in weekend.

CityTaxi is a reliable taxi company ,I always use it to the airport or even in the city.

It is good to buy a pre-paid card to call from your cell the taxi company you want to colect you where ever you are in the city ,so it is quite easy to order a taxi.

Have an umbrella with you or apropiate clothes since May might be rainy.

All the best
Girlie

paco31 wrote:

Hello,

My friend and I are planning to come and visit Budapest from May, the 13th to May, the 16th. We stay three nights and we would like to know where to go to have fun! (I am not talking about striptease club)

What are the trendiest club of the city?
What is the most popular place/pub/club?
What are the club where studients like to go out?
Where to listen live music?
Do Budapest people go out on thursday night or only during the week-end?
Is it easy to find taxi cab to come back at home?

Many thanks.

All the best!

Check out the internet magazinee Funzine.hu and XPatLoop.com, both of which have a wealth of information re: nightlife, transportation, etc. Budapest is a lively city, and every night there is something happening. Other advice re: taxis is good - always call first. City taxi is best. Come and have a wonderful time.

Gary