Looking for a nursery/playgroup for my 3 yr old

Hello

Looking for a nursery/playschool preferably near saraj,gargarish area.  Preferably english and arabic speaking.  International school is a bit 2 expensive, so looking for something cheaper than this.

Many thanks

There are several threads dedicated to this, look through the forum. You will not have any problem to find one near Gargaresh, there are many there. Depending on what you need. My 2-year-old was quite happy with the playground here in Zawyat Aldahmani until she attended the nursery in our home country for 2 month. Now I have much trouble to persuade her to attend the one she used to go to here. :|

hi there, did a search on past threads but can't see too much. Little Nomads is full, Nonna is too far(Bin Ashour) and Little Angels is one I am going to see. Website looks quite nice,it is relocating though from what I hear.  Any others in Gargarish Saraj that allows the children to play and not sit at a desk with a pencil all day!?

Many thanks!!

ann1000 wrote:

Website looks quite nice

Made in Nigeria ;)

website is bright,colourful and photos (of the nursery and activities) look good......don't really care where the website was made!! Any other playgroup suggestions?  Many thanks

hm... I thought there were more than 3 there... Sorry for misleading. It is because when I did the search, had to reject those in Gargaresh as they are too far from our place, so it seemed many of them...

my kid attends the little feet nursery, which is in dahra. I would also love to learn about playgroup/nursery where they would arrange some activities, for now she is simply hanging around bored and making small scandals from time to time to cheer up the ladies and other kids...:lol::rolleyes:

thanks palachakh.yeah did see the nursery in Dahra on this forum but 2 far.  I looked around 4 libyan nurseries that were supposedly english and arabic around gargarish/siya hiya area but wasn't 2 impressed. will maybe just drive around and see what I can find. thanks anyway.  :)

Please, share if you find anything decent. The little feet is positioned as English/Arabic, which is mostly Arabic in fact. Not surprising, as all kids except my daughter and another boy and potentially the boy of our co-worker are locals. The ladies can speak English which they do to the expats, but it's in the few cases when a specific child is addressed. I suppose my kid is a bit embarrassed with that.

Any other suggestions?!  Went nursery hunting again 2day.  Little Angels seems ok but its about to move premises so will need 2 look at it again in a few weeks once it moves.  I have heard of a new nursery opeining in Saraj...English and Arabic? Anyone have any info there?

Little Angels will be moving to the new location over the weekend, business as usual...

The new location is between Gurgi and Gargaresh Roads, a further towards the Regatta end, but before the Wadi. They'll post a map on their site ASAP

My children are three and four and they go to little angels
i like the cirriculum and the fact that the kids have an opportunity to speak english
the older class is reading now and my younger one has got the alphabet
they take some trips just to nadi tful
but mainly they are on site
the staff is young and energetic
the main thing is that the children are so happy they don't want to leave

Thanks California.  I will more than likely go with little angels. Not much of a choice out there. It seemed ok though.  Found out yesterday about two more nurseries so will view them first.  They are Planet Kids and a school called  'The Silvium'.  little Angels was moving so would rather see the new premises.  little Angels is around 3700 dinars now, so over 10 months- 370 per month. Nursery care is very hard to find in Libya!

ann1000,

could you, please, give contacts of the 2 nurseries you were going to look at (Planet Kids and the Silvium)? Thanks!