Fine Woodworking & Electronic DIY Shops

I am looking for a fine woodworking store where I can buy some very small wood screws.  I might find them in a regular hardware store.  So, if you know of a hardware store with good selection that might do.

Also looking for an electronics parts store, where I can buy a soldering iron.

In both instances, I would rather have locations near the VI and VII districts.

Not interested in big box Obi type stores.  I'd rather give my forints to a small shop.

Thanks!

petewsh61 wrote:

I'd rather give my forints to a small shop.

Since I first came to Hungary in 1998, I purchased hardware supplies from a small local shop. I ran small businesses in the US so I always try to buy from small businesses.

I recently learned that some time in the past decade the owner sold out to a multinational corporation and he was no longer the owner, just an employee. There was no change in sign, or other obvious indication this happened. I learned this fact serendipitously when it came up randomly in conversation one day.

Just saying --- small shops here, may actually not be.

Transparency is not strong here.

For electronic parts try a popular little shop near Lehel market called Lomex. Just add in a .hu to the name to find them on the internet, you will then be able to see their address.

Try Conrad - conrad.hu
they have soldering irons and hobby stuff, not sure about the tiny screws.
they have a location on Terez krt (4 & 6 line)

I can only contribute the Hungarian term for the profession of fastening the fabric on furniture: "kárpitos". They work with pretty tiny screws and nails.