Buying a Honda Wave 50cc

Hi guys,

so my boyfriend and I have decided to buy a 50cc Honda Wave, 2011 for USD280. Is the price worth it? What about maintenance?

I didn't find a lot of information about it, and what about resale value? Although I live in a place further away from Saigon, I imagine teachers there wouldn't mind to buy it off me when the time comes. Maybe.

Would like to hear some opinions, thanks!

Also, when doing the transaction, anything that I should be aware of? Signing of papers etc?

According to Wikipedia wave engines come in the following cc's 100, 110 and 125. This could mean the bike is a Chinese fake, either way I wouldn't buy a used bike in this city without getting it checked out by a mechanic first.  They have 4 different grades of replacement parts in this country, mechanics will be able to spot if the plastics, suspension and engine are original or fake.

The paperwork won't always show the year of manufacture, I believe this now shown but wasn't always.  The old style reg document will only show when the current owner acquired the bike.

You can check prices on muaban.net or rongbay.com

lauryn6061 wrote:

Hi guys,

so my boyfriend and I have decided to buy a 50cc Honda Wave, 2011 for USD280. Is the price worth it? What about maintenance?

I didn't find a lot of information about it, and what about resale value? Although I live in a place further away from Saigon, I imagine teachers there wouldn't mind to buy it off me when the time comes. Maybe.

Would like to hear some opinions, thanks!

Also, when doing the transaction, anything that I should be aware of? Signing of papers etc?

You cannot get a Honda Wave- 110/ RS, with this cost. That may be a replica(Chinese) of Honda. If you buy second hand better seek help from friends or a mechanic. Otherwise you may cheated. You can see so many replica of popular models with a cheap cost.
When you buy second hand, ask for original Registration Certificate and about transfer of ownership.Also check chasis number and engine number with certificate.

Thuong Charma

Hi, just a quick update about my old post. I bought the 50cc fake Chinese Honda and it's been doing great for 2 years with minimal maintenance. Granted, it doesn't run smoothly as other bikes but it's reliable and did its job.

OMG you should contact me. Here ppl dont prefer china wave so much.