From Saudi to Qatar anyone?

Hi everyone :)
We might consider moving from Riyadh to Doha but the decision is so hard to make. As we've been here for just a year and invested in the house ect.. It would really be helpful if you would share your experience. What things are better and what things aren't. I would love to know if anyone has shipped his stuff to Doha ( I live in Ryiadh) and how did you do it and how much it did cost.

Will really appreciate your help!

Yes we moved from Jeddah to Doha at the beginning of the year - moved our stuff with Namma Cargo, cost will depend on how much stuff you have.

Doha has less scary traffic than KSA, although just as many problems with all the roadworks

As a woman life is very different, no leering men (at least they aren't as obvious/problematic as some of the TCNs in KSA) - able to drive - muttawa that leave you alone - own bank account - no closing down for prayer - freedom of religion etc

There are a lot more events, groups, activities that happen in Doha and they are well publicised so you know about them before hand not 2 weeks after they happened.

It is generally a more relaxing place to be.

You are also able to purchase pork / alcohol once you have a permit - if that is something you want to do.

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it :)