Greetings all!!

I am hoping to find an employment opportunity on your fabulous island, I am a experienced and fully qualified yacht captain(sas yachtmaster, mca 200t master) well versed in vessel and mechanical maintenace aswell as a qualified divemaster, been in the industry about 13 years. Other interests are fishing and surfing
Any ideas or advice on finding something that side would be great.

Why not start your own yacht business?

Hi Vladman

If you are already qualified in a particular field, you can come to Mauritius under 3 schemes: an investor (if you are thinking about launching your own business and recruiting people), professional (you are being recruited by a Mauritian or a locally-based company) or self-employed. The conditions are as follows:

Investor: The business activity should generate a turnover exceeding MRU 4 million annually with an initial investment of USD 100,000 (approx. MRU 3 million) or its equivalent in freely convertible foreign currency. If there is more than one investor in the same company applying for an Occupation Permit, the turnover criteria should apply in respect of each applicant (i.e MRU 8 million for two applicants, MRU 12 million for three applicants, and so on)

Professional: Basic salary should exceed MRU 45,000 monthly. However, the basic salary for the category Professional in the ICT Sector should exceed MRU 30, 000 monthly.

Self-employed: Income from the business activity should exceed MRU 600,000 annually with an initial investment of USD 35,000 or its equivalent in freely convertible foreign currency.

You must ponder upon which category fits you the most and then you starts your application at the Board of Investment for an occupation permit.

Hi there!
Thank you for your input, I would have to fall under the professional category, I would obviously need a job offer from someone...any recruitment agencies of boating companies that's worth hitting up?

Thank for your time!

There are a number of agencies in this type of business here in Mauritius. You will find a list on the Mauritian section of TripAdvisor. Here's the link. You can find some contacts on business directories online too.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions- … s.html#TtD

Good luck!

Will check it out!

Thanks amigo.