For any banking advice, please feel free to ask!

Hey Everybody,

I work in a bank here in Doha, if you have any questions about banks in Qatar or seeking for any advice please feel free to ask, your questions can benefit others as well!

So lets start this thread! :)

Hi,
I presently live in UAE and have 2 bank accounts here. I will be moving to Doha on a visit Visa.
Where can I open a bank account? Is it possible to also rent a safety deposit locker (box) on a visit visa?

Thanks. Appreciate your help and look forward to meeting you.
Diana

thank you bro . we really appreciate that :) my question i took    
loan from bank and i'll finish it in 2015 is it possible to take other one without finishing the first one ;)

Dyan wrote:

Hi,
I presently live in UAE and have 2 bank accounts here. I will be moving to Doha on a visit Visa.
Where can I open a bank account? Is it possible to also rent a safety deposit locker (box) on a visit visa?

Thanks. Appreciate your help and look forward to meeting you.
Diana

Hello Diana!

Unfortunately the Qatar Central Bank rules states than only Non-Qatari's with a valid visa can open accounts. but I think you can open an account in HSBC with no issues.

Moroccan1 wrote:

thank you bro . we really appreciate that :) my question i took    
loan from bank and i'll finish it in 2015 is it possible to take other one without finishing the first one ;)

Your mostly welcome!

Yes you can, as long as your salary allows it. For non-Qataris, the installment should not exceeding 50% of the salary.

Example: if you'r salary is QAR. 10,000, your installment(s) should not exceed QAR. 5,000

Some banks consider your working years here in Doha + your salary to determine the loan amount they can give you.

I'm Curently working as Customers services in one of Pan African Bank here in Nigeria,i wish to relocate to Qatar very soon ,had submitted my C.V on Balyot.com...pls your advise will be more appreciate on salary scale in Qatar precisly any Bank in Doha.

Thanks.

ipaye wrote:

I'm Curently working as Customers services in one of Pan African Bank here in Nigeria,i wish to relocate to Qatar very soon ,had submitted my C.V on Balyot.com...pls your advise will be more appreciate on salary scale in Qatar precisly any Bank in Doha.

Thanks.

Hello brother,

Contact Huxley Associates, they help bankers look for jobs!

Baraka Allahu fikoum,

I will be moving to Doha next September inchAllah, and my company is offering an interest-free loan for the purchase of a car, but I will need another for my wife. Is it common to have interest-free or leasing-like loans from commercial banks? what are the conditions in that case for the purchase of the car (should it be new? 100% of its value?, ...)
Are QNB and Masraf Al-Rayyan following islamic rules? in that case are they providing loans for cars?

Many thanks for your support, well appreciated.

Hi there... I wanna ask if there is any bank or service in bank giving like extension account. lik for example My husband has a bank account in QIB then I will be the extension of it is that possible?

Thank you bro :)

amimi wrote:

Baraka Allahu fikoum,

I will be moving to Doha next September inchAllah, and my company is offering an interest-free loan for the purchase of a car, but I will need another for my wife. Is it common to have interest-free or leasing-like loans from commercial banks? what are the conditions in that case for the purchase of the car (should it be new? 100% of its value?, ...)
Are QNB and Masraf Al-Rayyan following islamic rules? in that case are they providing loans for cars?

Many thanks for your support, well appreciated.

Thank you for your question,

Masraf Al Rayan is an Islamic bank, QNB is not.

Your work will offer you an interest-free loan for one car, but you need to approach the bank for a normal loan for the second. Interest-free loans are mostly offered from companies to help new comers settle in the country (just for 1 car). The second car can be used or new and you need to pay a down-payment before processing the loan.

I strongly recommend you going for an Islamic bank, the loan periods and rates and fixed and remain unchanged until you finish paying your installments.

amber0116 wrote:

Hi there... I wanna ask if there is any bank or service in bank giving like extension account. lik for example My husband has a bank account in QIB then I will be the extension of it is that possible?

Hello Amber,

Yes it is possible, there are 2 options:

1) Opening a joint-account, the account name will be under your name and your husband's name.

2) Getting a second debit card from the bank under your husband account, but the car will have your name on it (you can use it to withdraw money). But all financial activities (applying for loan, withdrawing money through a bank branch, applying for any facility, etc..) can only be done by your husband as he is account holder.

[Moderated: please post in english on the anglophone forum]

This thread is still open?

[Moderated: Off topic]

yeah its still open!

Salam Brother

I am working in Qatar in a private firm. I have tried to get a Car loan from QIB as my salary is transferred to this Bank. But unfortunately due to some simple reasons, bank is not approving my Car loan application. I have checked with QIIB and Barwa Bank, they also not accepting my Car loan.
Please tell me is there any other Islamic Bank in Qatar can help me to get a Car loan. I dont want to pay Interest, so that i am looking only islamic bank.

Hi there,

Could you please send me a PM with your details please as i will need some personal advice with banking.

Many thanks
Haroon

Hello
could you tell me - does Sharia Law apply in Qatar?
if I want to open a bank account there, does it safeguard my position if it is in joint names with my husband?
what happens to the funds in the account,  if he dies or something happens?

would appreciate clarification on this point - also to find out the best way to safeguard one's interests if the funds are private to me (i.e. my own savings etc)

thanks and kind regards,
E

Do you have any knowledge with personal banking needs in Saudi? Can you recommend a bank?

@ YOYO I would recommend alinma bank without sponsor letter you can avail a bank account. For more information please refer to Saudi Forum

Dear Sir,

I will be moving from Malaysia to Doha, what is the most reliable local bank that is linki to Malaysian local bank.

TQ

You can link any Qatari bank with your Malaysian local bank. If you are thinking to remit and transfer the money through online, that wont be a good idea. Try Al Dar money exchange they pay well conversation rate.

As we all know about the cancellation procedure of Qatar. But my friend is facing different problem, as he is goint to cancel his QID withing a week and he has credit card which amounted to QAR 8K which he is making payment on monthly installment basis. Actually the problem is can he cancel the QID and exit the country without any problem by holding the credit card...
And he is planning to come qatar after 3-4months and pay the amount monthly basis as usual payment.

Is anybody know more about it.

@ASLAMTJ > this topic is inactive since 2014  :(

I am looking out for a banking job in Qatar. I have experience of over 9 years 5 months in the banking industry in Mumbai

@Mrayes thread is still open? Just wanted to ask if there is a bank loan buy out program from other banks for expats in Qatar?

@Mrayes hi.. thread still open? Just wanted to ask if there is a bank loan buy out program for Qatar expats?

@Kansai123

hello no, this is an inactive thread from 2013 ...

Better start a new thread.

Regards

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed