Buying and selling titled land

Hi, anyone have any intimate knowledge of the regulations regarding the selling of titled land? Even attorneys seem to differ. The title of a lot cannot be transferred to a new owner until after 5 years, but I am being told now, a newly titled lot cannot be sold at all until the 5 year period is up! Any thoughts, experiences? Thanks

i think you are holding a patented land that cannot be disposed of until 5 years.

iceman_reman wrote:

i think you are holding a patented land that cannot be disposed of until 5 years.

All the more reason for foreigners not to invest in property or business in the country...Just to many loopholes for family members or government to F... you out of it in later years...TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION...

vetretreat wrote:
iceman_reman wrote:

All the more reason for foreigners not to invest in property or business in the country...Just to many loopholes for family members or government to F... you out of it in later years...TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION...

pointing fingers wont help us. may be we should check what we are buying before paying for it. the safest way to secure your money is to know that you have purchased the right thing, and if you're not sure with what you are doing, then ask for expert's advice.