Advice on living in Costa Rica

Hi All,

Looking to connect with a Canadian for advice on moving my family to CR? Schools, rentals etc...and other advice about the culture or little things that we should know. We have been reading alot online but they all say to connect with someone who has already gone through the  "change of life"!

thanks

Andrea

hello, i have lived here in costarica for more than 10 years and i could not recommend it to even a stranger. the gov here is very restrictive about what you can order on line and receieve thru the mail or fed ex or anyother. i ordered recently more than 500 us dollars worth or products like empty jel caps dmso and a blood zapper and some others as well not knowing thay have strict laws any form of alternitive health care. now i read news and watch the news and have a tica wife. she knew nother of these restrictions. ever once in ahile  i received death threats on the telephone. the last one less than a month ago. threatened to shot me and my wife son, who truely is like a son to me. we havent had any problems at all with anyone and lived in this neighbothood  now 7 years. we do have some people around that act very hatefull. crime in general is high and i would not go anywhere after dark at all. anyway listen to others tell what a paradise it is , but file this away. keithe.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles. Can you tell me where you live exactly?

hello, i really dont consider that im having trouble.  im saying this lastest phone call was not the first, but it has been a few months without any incidents. i live in alajuela. but i had other similar experiences in san ramon. again nothing ever happened other than  racial comments.  in my experience this is normal, hateful neightbors. i also have good friendly neighbors too. keithe.