Serious move to Ecuador

I'm 30 yrs old and wanting to expat to Ecuador real soon. I'm in IT as a Software Developer and know I can find something for work while working on other side projects. I think I have a legit path to get there relatively soon, non IT related. I'd like to know what it would be like for an educated black male, in terms of living and dating. I only see posts for "gringos", that's what I'm not. Please enlighten me. thanks

Congratulations on having a path to Ecuador at only 30!  You might want to bottle it and sell it!

Not sure where to go, but I'd avoid the typical retirement hangouts mentioned in this forum and stick to Quito or Guayaquil where there's far more younger adults and clubs to frequent.

Well, Yeah, you are....
a Gringo that is. Welcome to the club. The term Gringo actually refers to " foreigners ", so, you do fall under the umbrella of the term. I know most, myself included, always thought it was a derogatory reference to " white people ", but that is not  the case.
I do understand the intent of your question though. There are a number of posts regarding African Americans, and how they assimilate in S. America.
Best of Luck in your travels.

Blacks generally also can assimilate ("hide out" or blend in) in most Caribbean countries and Ecuador better than "white people" if that's helpful.

It is helpful, I'd like to just move out there do what I need to need to do meet a sweet latina and enjoy life. I don't think I'm asking for much really

kai7 wrote:

It is helpful, I'd like to just move out there do what I need to need to do meet a sweet latina and enjoy life. I don't think I'm asking for much really

Nor do I . Sounds like a reasonable quest, and I'm sure you'll be succesfull in your search.

Wish You The Best!

It is a pretty good site, and it's populated with a lot of really insightful, helpful folks.
I'm sure as you navigate around, and look at past posts, you'll find a wealth of information.
Welcome to the club!
Stay Well,
Neil

Neil, you always have the good answers

You are very kind. I realize I don't have all the answers, but I do like sharing what limited knowledge I do have. We are all on this journey together, and when we join together, and offer assistance and support to one another, we all bennefit.
Again,
Thank You for your kind words!
Neil