Stray

Hi all. My name is Donna I am Italian  woman and more recently live in Cairo, Egypt. With much regret I can see that this country not only does not care of stray dogs but these poor animals are constantly being killed by poisoned food that makes people suffer for hours before the animal dies or is shot. There are many problems that afflict this people but this does not prevent any person who has a better vision of the future to help our four-legged friends. I'm helping a bitch and her five cubs to survive, but I also need to know people with a heart of gold to help me find a safe and decent housing. People seriously interested in having a dog without the risk that once grew this you find yourself wandering alone and not self-sufficient in the streets of Egypt. Anyone wishing to contact me with the serious intention of help will be really appreciated person especially if female.

Hi Donna!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Thanks!

donnagioff wrote:

Hi all. My name is Donna I am Italian  woman and more recently live in Cairo, Egypt. With much regret I can see that this country not only does not care of stray dogs but these poor animals are constantly being killed by poisoned food that makes people suffer for hours before the animal dies or is shot. There are many problems that afflict this people but this does not prevent any person who has a better vision of the future to help our four-legged friends. I'm helping a bitch and her five cubs to survive, but I also need to know people with a heart of gold to help me find a safe and decent housing. People seriously interested in having a dog without the risk that once grew this you find yourself wandering alone and not self-sufficient in the streets of Egypt. Anyone wishing to contact me with the serious intention of help will be really appreciated person especially if female.

Hi! I thank you for bringing this topic to sight in the forums. How can we help exactly? I feel sorry for how animals are being treated here. For the shortest time, I witnessed how a horse was being maltreated. I was astonished. I would like to be a part of any initiative to protect animals from neglect and abuse.

Once again, thank you.

I exactly what you need plz visit this blog and contact them

http://esmaegypt.org/blog/dogs-cats/dogs-adoption/

And for cats
http://www.emaurescue.org

Really, really thanks for your interest borrowed. The help that you could give me, seeing that you're not part of any association, is to find a home, a family that wants to adopt a dog. I tell you now what is the problem I'm experiencing here in Egypt. The people in general are happy to adopt a dog when it is small for the happiness of their children, but when they find themselves having to feed a large dog, they decide to leave. Then, if the dog in question is not of race but comes from an ordinary Egyptian street dog then abandonment is even easier. What people do not know, for ignorance is a dog that grew up in a decent, used to interact with other dogs, people, children, used to play and not have to survive rejected by all, animals are wonderful, intelligent as much if not more than one dog breed. I hope I made you understand what would be in my opinion the smartest thing to do for these dogs. Of course, if then you'll be so good to find more than one of these families, "special", whereas in Europe it is normal, I will never cease to thank you from the mother, whose name is Tarfa, because the neighborhood where I live is called Tarfehia. First of all thank you very much for everything, I offer you my most
Best Regards
             Donna

Thank you, so much for the link but I wanted to know if you are part of this association. Best Regards
                                          Donna

donnagioff wrote:

Thank you, so much for the link but I wanted to know if you are part of this association. Best Regards
                                          Donna

You are very welcome miss Donna and no iam not but I hopefully will volunteer at emro I just help a few stray cats at zamalek just bit by bit I only help for now 6 cats basically 2 streets I just buy some dry cat food  by 2 _ 4 o'clock 4 days in a week and that's it hopefully to the end that they can trust me ( still fearful ) I can call or just take them to emro but there is no stray dogs in zamalek just cats

donnagioff wrote:

Really, really thanks for your interest borrowed. The help that you could give me, seeing that you're not part of any association, is to find a home, a family that wants to adopt a dog. I tell you now what is the problem I'm experiencing here in Egypt. The people in general are happy to adopt a dog when it is small for the happiness of their children, but when they find themselves having to feed a large dog, they decide to leave. Then, if the dog in question is not of race but comes from an ordinary Egyptian street dog then abandonment is even easier. What people do not know, for ignorance is a dog that grew up in a decent, used to interact with other dogs, people, children, used to play and not have to survive rejected by all, animals are wonderful, intelligent as much if not more than one dog breed. I hope I made you understand what would be in my opinion the smartest thing to do for these dogs. Of course, if then you'll be so good to find more than one of these families, "special", whereas in Europe it is normal, I will never cease to thank you from the mother, whose name is Tarfa, because the neighborhood where I live is called Tarfehia. First of all thank you very much for everything, I offer you my most
Best Regards
             Donna

I can relate to that miss Donna the same with cats people here don't know the value and how great is an Egyptian cat it is considered one of the most loyal cats in the world
People don't really appreciate the joy of sharing your life with a faithful creature ( dog or a cat )  or he just need is a home and one to love and in return you will have a companion for life

Hmmm anyway thank you miss Donna for your help and caring about these wonderful creatures and I hope for you a great staying in Egypt

Thanks

i am ready to help u , but tell exactly what do u want ?

donnagioff wrote:

Best Regards
             Donna

Hi Donna, I was wondering if we could create a facebook page that campaigns for such purpose. That would be an addition to whatever assistance already exists.

My question is, if I find a family who is willing to adopt a dog, is there any agency in this country that registers ownership of the dog and helps in immunizing the dogs for example?

Yours is a very good idea and as soon as possible, as soon as I will understand how it works, I will. Your second question is very interesting because this just had not thought of, but I find myself unprepared: I will inform you as soon as I have news I'll let you know. Thanks for the support.
                          Donna

Hi.
I just saw this right after I posted a forum on other puppies looking for a home. They are stray dogs as well (baladi) but I took in the mother and father a year ago. Unfortunately I can't keep the puppies, so I am trying to find them decent homes. I was wondering if you were able to find a solution for the dogs you were trying to help?
Thanks