Interesting Story about Saudi Airlines (Must Read)

Interesting Story about Saudi Airlines (Must Read)

Dear Readers,

I want to share one of my current incident happened with Saudi Arabian Airlines - Domestic Departures from Jeddah to Riyadh and other nationwide cities yesterday.

I had my flight yesterday from Jeddah to Riyadh SV 1046 - Jeddah to Riyadh - at 8:00 pm. I had my check-in and booked my luggage and went to departures lounge. At 7:20, they announed that First Class and Business Class Passengers are kindly requested to proceed at Gate No: 05.

At around 7:35 pm Gate was CLOSED, and some of the Saudi Passengers started fighting on Departure Gate, Saudi Staff was telling to these passengers that the GATE IS CLOSED. All of them were having valid boarding pass and were already check in and the departure gate was CLOSED.

Upon asking, they told me to go back to Sales office in airport. I went to Sales office, they asked me to go to Supervisor. Supervisor told me to go to Waiting Counter. Waiting Counter people asked to submit your request through LCD screen through SGS. I took the number and went back to departure lounge. They asked me to wait. I wait from 8:00 pm till 3:00 am, but none of the SMS received.

I asked the Standby Passenger counter, they told me that you have to pay SAR 70/- as penalty for Non-Show fees. Which is haram, I was in the lounge with boarding pass, but they put me a wrong allegation that I didn't show up.

So, please don't travel in Saudi Airlines if you want to save your money and headache.

Thanks

im sure there is more to this story.

My experiences are much contrary to this. I found Saudi Airline as the only airline in the world with a much higher tolerence when it comes to boarding a saudi passenger especially during in-bound flights. I see people boarding even 10 minutes before the flight.

And I found only Emirates Airlines in the world serving best of their services to the passengers.

I also heard in a news that Saudi Airlines is not earning much by the domestic flights.

What I would say..Nice way of earning money and giving headache to their passengers. I was alone last night there in the airport but i also found some families with kids and infants having the same problem and moving here and there for help but none of the Saudi staff was there to help them.

The only logical conclusion one can extract from this incident is that its better to be a bit early for boarding.
Infact this inciodent also shows that the punctuality of Saudi Airlines is commendable :) They dared to stop the late comers which could rather be pressurizing for a boarding staff, a rare stuff to watch in KSA  :)

I agree with this that it is better to be a bit early for boarding.

But if a passenger has already check-in, it means that the flight will never ever fly without boarding those passengers who have already check-in.

I saw in London, New York and even Dubai. Once passenger has already check-in, it means he has to go in flight. Airlines staff keep calling their names until they get boarded on plane.

My seat number was 37L, how come this Saudi illeterate staff gives my seat to anybody else and allowed him to travel on my seat.

Yes, some airlines do facilitate by calling names of the indiviuals who couldnt make up on time.

But then again, if someone is delay a departure just because he/she has done online check-in and arrives late at boarding cannot be categorized as something acceptable. Its not wise to make over 200 passengers wait for less than a dozen latecomers.

Anyways, you can reschudule or refund fare from SAA office in Murooj, Riyadh. They deduct 25% no show fee. If you are well verse in arabic, they can even help to investigate the matter (i hope so)