Theft Warning

Hi All, last week our apartment got broken into during the day. This was at 9.30am and I was only out for 10 minutes, two men kicked the door in and took my laptop, my boyfriends laptop and his digital camera. The police said there have been quite a few similair robberies of late especially around Districts 5,6 and 7 and particularly to none Hungarians.
I happened to see the 2 men, one was tall and skinny with a big nose, dark blue baseball cap and caucasian. The other was average height, round face, brown eyes, dark complexion and black short tightly curled hair with lots of gel. He was wearing a shiny black puffa jacket.
Just letting the community know in case it helps anybody.
Thanks.

Sorry to hear this :-(
I hope you two are fine!
Your landlord might have insurance to cover your loss.
When did you see them? Leaving the building?

CarolineInce wrote:

.... two men kicked the door in and took my laptop, my boyfriends laptop and his digital camera....

Sorry to hear about this. 

As a matter of interest, did your apartment have strengthened metal door frames, a metal door or a metal grille?

In many older blocks, the doors have been replaced. I wondered if yours was like that as I've been thinking of strengthening my own front door.

Ahh that's shit. Out of curiosity, I take it you're living in central Pest, given the districts you mentioned? 9.30 in the morning in a busy part of the city is a pretty bold move for a break-in.

Hi thanks guys. Yes I saw them as I came back in the building, I clocked them as I thought they looked suspicious but by the time I got home and realised what had happened they were gone, plus I wouldn't go chasing them anyway. Our door wasn't strengthened and we have a bar lock but when we moved in was told it was broken, there was no key for it, etc. It transpires that this was not the case and it was working all along and now we have a key for it...I haven't paid this months rent yet as I am wondering whether the rental company should in part be held accountable. Yes I'm in downtown Pest near Opera metro station. I would recommend doing what you can to secure your front door and also make small expensive things like laptops, Kindles, Ipads, etc less obvious as we didn't.